Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funniest thing is how they call it an "unexpected additional downtime"

Really? Every long time MMO player knows in advance that something like this would happen, like it does every time an MMO rolls out a patch. How can it still be unexpected with people who work in the industry? :confused:

You know, your right , but there should always be a compensation for "Unexpected Downtime" my opinion, i know of games that does such , why cant SWTOR?!, oh right its EA lol

To be fair.... they owe you nothing regardless of how long the downtime takes. :)

That's really funny.... When Burger King made me wait, they gave me my meal for free. When other places made me wait I also got compensation from them. What make EA so special????? (Not that I'm expecting anything, but it would be nice).

I live in Denver, and I was so happy that they won man :D

My lasting memory of Denver is taking off from the airport and landing there, in the same plane, about half an hour later.

In the BRACE position.

(737 that lost a tire on takeoff, OK, sith happens, but this one took out the primary hydraulics.)

They owe me nothing, my ***! They owe me a day of playtime that I, as every other sub out there, paid for and will not get! I had the day off today because it was holiday, and I planned to play. Tomorrow I have work, so obviously I won't be able to play until I get home.

My subscription will not magically add these hours and I will get no compensation for it. I am used to it by now, I know that's how it works because Bioware doesn't care much about their customers, none of that is fresh news.

But make no mistake, they do owe us. Without stupid idiots like us paying them, there would be no SWTOR!

If you read the ToS of this and virtually every other MMO out there, there is nothing about uptime and/or availability guarantees. They owe you nothing, just like your ISP doesn't owe you anything if your internet drops for 6 hours.

Thanks Eric for the hard work and tell the team we appreciate it. I understand that when this happens you are probably less happy than we are and on top of that you have to listen to people who just want to complain. To the Europe guy - hey you knew this was a US based game when you got it -- get over yourself - if a game was based in Europe I would not expect special treatment. Its day time here and lots of us did not get to play you are not being persecuted lol - to the others who are jones-in over the game being down I say this learn a little patience and grow up - abusing the game techs and giving them a harder time than they are already having is NOT cool!! Again Eric thanks and thanks to those working hard to fix the issue

*** are you talking about retard?? Does it differ even i live in Europe or else?? I am paying same money you pay and i have same rights as you do... stop licking balls of techs.... there is a *********** big mistake: they already announced this patch 1 month ago and made tests (I hope)... and if you STILL face with such big problem, this means that all they did is NOT ENOUGH to release this patch. OFC i admire their work, this is why i play this game... but you CANNOT steal people's time like this and there is no VALUE for the time has been passed... i do not care about subs money but this is TOTALLY disrespect your players... if you are not ready then do not release it. EVERYBODY here is right to complain... just **** and wait as we do.... i hate people like you.... moron.....

Glad to see Peyton win - he definitely deserved it! Cam Newton turned out to be a sissy it looked like to me... and on National TV. Really expected a better performance from somebody nicknamed "superman" (not capitalized on purpose), and League MVP. A really sad performance from the entire Panthers team - top to bottom.

I loved his response for not diving on the fumble "it was a business decision."