Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

Never played WoW did you?

Oh my sweet summer child...

Wait...wrong franchise

I have for a long time, updates were regularly posted when it was a "big" launch. It shows that they care about the community is all. :) Me being a somewhat new player, I've seen so much negative. :(

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah the classic "There are children starving in africa so you shouldn't complain" argument. It's funny how the only place these kind of things are acceptable is in the video game industry. Anywhere else if a service you pay for is disrupted (especially if its for a day or longer) you're usually compensated or at least given a proper apology.

My internet went down for a few hours the other day and the ISP gave me a free week in return. They didn't do it because I nor they felt I was entitled to it, they did it because they value their customers. I think Bioware and EA have a lot to learn in that regard.

xD you totally missed the Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire reference in there...

At no point was there talk about starving kids in Africa until you brought it up xD

• Dev Post

Alright folks, it as almost an hour later. I checked in with the team and unfortunately I don't have a ton of new information to report. We are still very actively testing solutions in an effort to get the servers online as soon as possible.

I will check back in an hour and pass on any and all updates that I have. We apologize again for the unexpected additional downtime!

-eric

Thanks Eric for the hard work and tell the team we appreciate it. I understand that when this happens you are probably less happy than we are and on top of that you have to listen to people who just want to complain. To the Europe guy - hey you knew this was a US based game when you got it -- get over yourself - if a game was based in Europe I would not expect special treatment. Its day time here and lots of us did not get to play you are not being persecuted lol - to the others who are jones-in over the game being down I say this learn a little patience and grow up - abusing the game techs and giving them a harder time than they are already having is NOT cool!! Again Eric thanks and thanks to those working hard to fix the issue

I just realized that before when the servers were down i was slightly annoyed but you know i was just doing other things. but since eric started his "downtime funtime" (i think of is as "downtime murdertheforumtime") i've just been getting more and more annoyed. not knowing the answers to stream only questions, site not loading, codes being used already, getting logged out, having to wait for a new post of yours. is worse than just the servers being down. so to be honest this game was supposed to lift up people's spirits but i think ti's doing the opposite.

I'm done trying with these questions and codes. all it's doing is stressing me more :)

and lets face it giving away codes to 2% of people doesn't really do anything for the masses.

Give away codes that work for one hour but are only useable per account. or something to that effect.

Or just make KOTOR 3, which only every human being has desired...

Even better: a remake of KotOR 1+2, with all the fixes and missing content, with a current graphic engine. Then expand that into KotOR3. The Revan and the Exile here in SW:TOR are not the characters I knew, the story is an utter disappointment.

Ah well, SW:TOR does have a few good stories to offer and once that is done, I'll probably cancel my sub.

Alright folks, it as almost an hour later. I checked in with the team and unfortunately I don't have a ton of new information to report. We are still very actively testing solutions in an effort to get the servers online as soon as possible.

I will check back in an hour and pass on any and all updates that I have. We apologize again for the unexpected additional downtime!

-eric

Ok so what information do you have? you said you don't have a ton. so you have some? seriously give us anything here man. also no offense but your apologies don't really do anything for me.

-eric

*Sigh* I'm going to sleep.

-eric

Thanks!

This is how you get need to rage even more! An update to answer questions just gets people more frustrated. Prepare for another round of nerd rage!

Do you even have a clue why they shut down SWG? It is clear you do not.

Do you have a clue? Galaxies was dead since the combat upgrade....that is when the masses left the game. For some reason it reminds me on something....oh Fallen empire. Swtor has became the special Ed. of mmo's.

They shut it down for this poor excuse of a game...and galaxies itself was a poor excuse for a game. It failed, just like your dreams.