Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, early access is for subs only !

You want free 7 days of subscription time and a bundle of goods?

Free server transfer? Some unlocks?

Feel free to use my Referral link and claim your reward now! Rewards.....

Me too , Getting sick of stuff like this , atfer SIX years , If I was as good at my JOB as SWTOR I get fired :rak_03:

Hey folks,

The team has isolated the issue, which was an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission was available. This Mission could potentially cause serious issues with a character. We are working on a solution, but have no ETA available at this time.

We apologize for the extended downtime. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

The french communauty will really appreciate to get the same info !

From the TOS

14. Limitations on Warranty and Liability.

TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF TOR SERVICES, TOR SOFTWARE, AND THE INTERNET IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TOR SERVICES, TOR SOFTWARE, AND THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, UNLESS SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LEGALLY INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION. BIOWARE PROVIDES TOR SERVICES ON A COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE BASIS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE TOR SERVICES AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING, OR THAT BIOWARE WILL HAVE ADEQUATE CAPACITY FOR TOR SERVICES AS A WHOLE OR IN ANY SPECIFIC GEOGRAPHIC AREA.

They owe us nothing. That said, it does suck that we are missing out on our early access.

The EULA is fine, that is not the problem here. The problem and why a demand for compensation is actually viable is due to the "early access". They advertised a product to be made available on a specific day for early access and to receive this there was a condition that you need to pay a fee in advance. because of the way the maintenance and patching is done, February 9th is almost over in Europe, in for example Russia 10 minutes are left. Therefore they are not holding their end of the contract once the time passes and it becomes February 10th. This is actually one of the reasons why a different company with a different, widely available and subscription based mmo does their maintenance work and patching on a timezone basis. So yes, compensation is actually an issue. And I am guessing that Bioware will probably extend early access with a day for this reason if they cannot put servers online on the 9th.

yea my friendly monster alliance quest was completely reset, after i spent 700k creds on mats to get him to rank 10. has this happened to anyone else? i was in for the few mins the servers were up and seen this problem.

Just a FYI, you should still have the 10k influence gained from giving him the mats, my quest bugged and was reset a few weeks ago, but when it got to the part where he asks for the supplies it immediately said he had all the supplies he needed after adking you to go get him the supplies.

Annoying having to hoof it accross Alderaan to go talk to him (my QT to contact also dissapeared) but at least i difnt have to give him -more- mats.

Damn... 4gb download... seriously? for 20 minute content?

Looks like I'm not playing TOR for a few days after all, will wait till my data usage refreshes as I only have just over a gig left to use. Oh well a bit of time for them to work out some bugs I guess

go to your community library or starbucks or something... thats why I do...

And unsubscribing from this thread, it literally made my phone into a vibrator and my GF is next to me waiting to play the game as well as my phones buzzing.... I think i know what im doing in down time thanks bioware :D

just give her the vibrating phone to play with

Hey folks,

The team has isolated the issue, which was an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission was available. This Mission could potentially cause serious issues with a character. We are working on a solution, but have no ETA available at this time.

We apologize for the extended downtime. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

it is so bad, i waste me time! Come on, guys do it quick! we waits all! By the way, what about compensation, for the inconvenience? This is happen not the first time! And my time zone - now 3am, today i lost a day of subscription??

Guys get off of their backs, Yes they messed up again but these things happen and we have to deal with it. Moaning about getting compensation isn't going to change anything and its not going to fix the issue any faster. No one asked you to take a day off work for the early access and considering it was supposed to be complete by the time workers finish you may aswell have gone to work and played it later on.

Its for more about the fact that dont learn of there mistake with every patch there's something. I didnt take a day off. But i just find with every patch, a issue is. Then you iant solving your own mistakes. I dont mind extra off time. I just feel likes it happens to offten

Not surprising at all. Good to know EA still ****s up the game on simple patches. Even after 4 years. You still manage to keep downtime at a maximum of 15 hours. Idiots. Give everyone 1k cartel coins and stop saying your sorry for not doing your jobs. And fire the guy who ****ed it. Idiots.

Indeed, and today was that one day Bioware scheduled for this game.....unless you're saying you'd be fine being turned away, ticket in hand, for that hypothetical ball game.

Way to miss the rest of my post, which explained why the comparison didn't work.

But to answer your question, no, I wouldn't be fine, because the game won't be there any other time. Are you saying today is the only day SWTOR 4.1 will be up and running? It's not? It will be there tomorrow? Then you can play it tomorrow.

Got to say I love the canceling my subscription posts that will then complain about not having access to new chapters later.

The post states an incomplete Alliance Alert Mission meaning one being prepped for another chapter as I read it so it shouldn't be in the game but is and that's causing the problem. Hopefully it will be resolved soon but looking like a while longer at this rate