The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

KOTFE dialogue question

destructbota

so big question why is there kotfe style dialogue in swtor?! people say its the new system i hate it i can live with if its only sides etc. is that the case and are just main chapters voiced over? because for me the player voice is an immersion starter if they remove that iut breaks my immersion and ill end up loosing interest in swtor alot of others feel this way so my question is

is the player voiced in the main chapters and will they be voiced in the future expansions? :)

so big question why is there kotfe style dialogue in swtor?! people say its the new system i hate it i can live with if its only sides etc. is that the case and are just main chapters voiced over? because for me the player voice is an immersion starter if they remove that iut breaks my immersion and ill end up loosing interest in swtor alot of others feel this way so my question is

is the player voiced in the main chapters and will they be voiced in the future expansions? :)

I think you mean KOTOR style, but OK. And it's (so far) just for the interlude between chapter IX and chapter X, where they have dialogues with more than three options (Qyzen Fess, I'm looking at you! Some of your options have 17 choices!). The story itself in Chapters I to IX uses standard SWTOR 2/3 option wheels.

Yeah, it's really no different than what we had for both Rishii and Yavin, except now, BW have given us choices! Instead of having our character say the same thing, every time.

All story content in the future will still be voiced, but it's very likely that all the interludes going onwards, will be the kotor style. You certainly don't need to fear losing your voice, because BW have come out and said (it was in a livestream or something) explained this.

Yeah, it's really no different than what we had for both Rishii and Yavin, except now, BW have given us choices! Instead of having our character say the same thing, every time.

All story content in the future will still be voiced, but it's very likely that all the interludes going onwards, will be the kotor style. You certainly don't need to fear losing your voice, because BW have come out and said (it was in a livestream or something) explained this.

im referring to the player voice responses are we loosing those for the the next chapters or no? and what will the kotor style be for?

im referring to the player voice responses are we loosing those for the the next chapters or no? and what will the kotor style be for?

I'd be *very* surprised if dialogues during the story of Chapter X were in KOTOR style. I expect to see in-Chapter dialogues as SWOTR style (2 or 3 fully voiced responses from the player character for each dialogue choice). However, I see further interludes, if there are any, to be in KOTOR style. I can't at the moment imagine what they'd be, apart possibly from recruiting various NPCs as members of the alliance (as in the current interlude.

I'd be *very* surprised if dialogues during the story of Chapter X were in KOTOR style. I expect to see in-Chapter dialogues as SWOTR style (2 or 3 fully voiced responses from the player character for each dialogue choice). However, I see further interludes, if there are any, to be in KOTOR style. I can't at the moment imagine what they'd be, apart possibly from recruiting various NPCs as members of the alliance (as in the current interlude.

all that matters to me is that the chapters are voiced swtor style i could care less about sides :rak_03:

Yeah, exactly what @stevethecryptic said. I admit, my post might have been a little difficult to understand, and I apologize for that. I did understand what you meanr, and by saying 'all story content' I was referring to the player voices, like what will happen in chapter X.

I am about 98% sure BW have no plans to change this, but all interludes going into the future will be of the kotor variety. I personally have no issue with this, because like I said in my other post, that is still a low better than what we had for Rishii and Yavin.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I find the Wing Commander (and I mean the original game) dialogues jarring. After all of this great content, and I admit I haven't explored the sides yet, I get to chapter X and....

Let down.

Huge quality drop off. Huge. The lack of voice overs is really disappointing. The text dialogues just seem to lack any heart. Perhaps if there were more detail in the dialogues, but, they seem like a lazy add on, rather than part of what has been, for me, a really great game.

Eve

Huh? Conversations *in* Chapter X (talking to Kaliyo, Theron, and the crew) were voiced SWTOR wheel style. Conversations with companion recruitment contacts aren't really part of any chapter, but they are the only ones that are done KOTOR style (no player voice, black letterbox presentation, more than 3 choices per menu). The HK-55 and Blizz parts are not part of the chapter. They take place between chapters.