Vette not granted as companion, yet required for "Final Trial"

Geerogg

Sith Warrior: I progressed through the quest to gain Vette as a companion. I can't enter the area where the conversation took place, I am supposed to be with vette to do the Final Trial quest. She isn't in companions window, doesn't appear when I press N, doesn't appear as a guest. I thought she might appear in the tomb, but she doesn't. Since I can't repeat the quest to get her, and I can't do final trial, should I just delete this character or is there a solution? :(

Some of this is for verification.

You meet Vette twice on Korriban - the first time is just an introduction in passing as you do another quest, the second time is when you are recruiting her. You recruit her right before you head for the tomb for the Final Trial quest, because you need her to unlock the tomb. It's part of the same quest, the first part being where you get her out the cell.

If you haven't done that yet, then try it first. If you didn't have her after that, then yes, it is a bug. Try resetting the quest as a workaround for now.

If both of these fail, you would probably be quicker rerolling the character than waiting on a bug fix - getting to the same stage takes about 30 minutes if you spacebar through the quests till then.

For clarification, this is the second part of the quest, I did the part to acquire Vette from the jailor, that part ended, and Vette was not there. I left the room, and she was not there.

The suggestion to restart the quest is great, I hadn't thought of that I will try it.

I submitted a ticket, and they responded that this is a bug. I already rolled a new guy .....