The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

ROTS Anakin and ROTS Obi-Wan vs Jaina Solo and Corran Horn

PadsterPwns

Damn Padster. The Team murder stomps.

This, then, is Obi-Wan and Anakin:

They are closer than friends. Closer than brothers. Though Obi-Wan is sixteen standard years Anakin's elder, they have become men together. Neither can imagine life without the other. The war has forged their two lives into one.

The war that has done this is not the Clone Wars; Obi-Wan and Anakin's war began on Naboo, when Qui-Gon Jinn died at the hand of a Sith Lord. Master and Padawan and Jedi Knights together, they have fought this war for thirteen years. Their war is their life.

And their life is a weapon.

Say what you will about the wisdom of ancient Master Yoda, or the deadly skill of grim Mace Windu, the courage of Ki-Adi-Mundi, or the subtle wiles of Shaak Ti; the greatness of all these Jedi is unquestioned, but it pales next to the legend that has grown around Kenobi and Skywalker.

They stand alone.

Together, they are unstoppable. Unbeatable. They are the ultimate go-to guys of the Jedi Order. When the Good Guys absolutely, positively have to win, the call goes out.

Obi-Wan and Anakin always answer.

Whether Obi-Wan's legendary cleverness might beat Anakin's raw power, straight up, no rules, is the subject of schoolyard fist-fights, creche-pool wriggle-matches, and pod-chamber stinkwars across the Republic. These struggles always end, somehow, with the combatants on both sides admitting that it doesn't matter.

Anakin and Obi-Wan would never fight each other.

They couldn't.

They're a team. They're the team.

—Revenge of the Sith

You did, neither can ragdoll him.

Anakin and Kenobi are individually more powerful and more skilled than Jaina and Corran, and their teamwork ***** on theirs.

Ah OK then, I was originally going to create a B-team gauntlet thread but I couldn't come up with any decent rounds so I did this instead.

**** happens :)

You really try to push this B-team thing.

I only like the B-team because of dat Fisto and the fact that they're all very impressive, they just don't have that many feats. In fact I'm hoping that's something they'll address in the new canon. Besides, the B-team would likely have great teamwork due to their previous experiences with each other making them all the more suitable for a gauntlet run.

basicly, if we accept that anakin and jaina are equally powerful, aand corren and obi-wan are equally powerful (an assumption that does Horn more favors then obi-wan. something I suspect even Mike Stackpole would agree on) you need to look at how well they do as a team.

as far as I know Corren and Jaina have never fought together, certinly not on a regular basis. Obi-wan and Anakin meanwhile have spent their entire careers side by side.

The kind of team work that grows out of that is a force multiplier all to in itself

How close do you think it would be?

Ok question 1- Does Obi Wan and Anakin know that Jaina Solo is Han Solo's daughter of the Future Star Wars?

Question 2- Is this Duel a Mercy Duel, if you fight your rival to the brink of unconsciousness do you allow them to live?

I think Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker would defeat Jaina Solo and Corran Horn but if you add in Jaina Solo's becomming an Mandalorian Jedi then the battle would be very very close indeed but ultimately I think Obi-Wan and Anakin Skywalker would win.

Sword of the Jedi vs Chosen One

I think that match up is pretty even.

Corran Horn vs Obi-wan

Not so much. Corran's illusions would be useless against Obi-wan and his energy absorption might only be useful as a "taking you with me" TK feat as we see in I, Jedi, but Obi-wan might even be powerful enough to resist that.

so ya, Anakin/Obi-wan as a team have the advantage. Jaina Solo vs Anakin alone might be a lot more interesting.

As much as I fangirl Jaina, I know the only way Corran & Jaina will beat Anakin & Obi-Wan is in starfighters.

Anakin and Jaina are the best of their generation, and essentially equal, but Corran is a much better pilot than Obi-Wan.

On the ground... Anakin and Obi-Wan's teamwork is just too good.

Another interesting matchup would be Jacen (pre-Caedus) and Jaina vs Anakin and Obi-wan.

Twin bond vs practically father/son bond.

Guess it would boil down to whether Anakin and Obi-wan could resist Jacen collection of weird force powers.

I was actually thinking of doing that but I decided on Horn instead, mainly because of (like you said) his Force powers.

I was actually thinking of doing that but I decided on Horn instead, mainly because of (like you said) his Force powers.

Ya, flow walking might be a bit OP...

maybe replace Horn with Kyp Durron. Probably the most powerful non-Skywalker/Solo from the post ROTJ era.