PvP Maps and objectives

blakegalloway

Every single PvPer on star wars right now is waiting for the next new PvP arena I am personally tried of seeing the same damn thing over and over and over again I've played for 3 years I haven't seen a damn thing changed PvP gear oh yes PvP maps oh no got no time for that its actually sick to leave your members waiting like this long star wars needs to stop slacking on us and actually bring some decent PvP matches such as Team Death match because we all know huttball is just I don't even know what to say about huttball its just so trashy but anyway they need to make new maps and new objectives I personally want to see something new besides "Capture the pylon" and more capture and more capture its all boring to play the same damn map over and over and over again and this is why the PvP servers die star wars

Every single PvPer on star wars right now is waiting for the next new PvP arena I am personally tried of seeing the same damn thing over and over and over again I've played for 3 years I haven't seen a damn thing changed PvP gear oh yes PvP maps oh no got no time for that its actually sick to leave your members waiting like this long star wars needs to stop slacking on us and actually bring some decent PvP matches such as Team Death match because we all know huttball is just I don't even know what to say about huttball its just so trashy but anyway they need to make new maps and new objectives I personally want to see something new besides "Capture the pylon" and more capture and more capture its all boring to play the same damn map over and over and over again and this is why the PvP servers die star wars

While I partially agree that Novarre Coast and Civil War are essentially the same idea, the only difference being one gets to a point where you can't realistically win (CW) while the other can be stopped at 100%-1% , and reversed (NC), I find Voidstar, Hypergate and Huttball to be fairly original. Also Novarre Coast, you can power cap and there is some originality to that.

Now all that said, there is no doubt a lack of new pvp content which has been brought up ad nauseum on these fourms. Still, legit beef.

But an 8v8, attrition based, team death match would be very subject to group composition. Matchmaking would become a huge focus of complaints. So it's probably not a great setup. I'm cautiously optimistic that this new one won't be Novarre Coast/Civil War-like. From what I read/heard, multiple points will pop up, sometimes one, sometimes 2 to maybe even 3. That sounds unique to me in that occasionally we will all be fighting for one spot, other times deciding how best to balance ourselves to get 2 or 3. I'm definitely not in a position to complain before it even comes out, or before any specific details are released.

I enjoy swtor pvp in that controlling multiple areas has much more depth than a simple attrition based deathnatch. Those seem like they would get boring to me (4v4s all night would suck; but I find that a few here and there arnt so bad)

Edited by AndriusAjax

While I partially agree that Novarre Coast and Civil War are essentially the same idea, the only difference being one gets to a point where you can't realistically win (CW) while the other can be stopped at 100%-1% , and reversed (NC), I find Voidstar, Hypergate and Huttball to be fairly original. Also Novarre Coast, you can power cap and there is some originality to that.

Now all that said, there is no doubt a lack of new pvp content which has been brought up ad nauseum on these fourms. Still, legit beef.

But an 8v8, attrition based, team death match would be very subject to group composition. Matchmaking would become a huge focus of complaints. So it's probably not a great setup. I'm cautiously optimistic that this new one won't be Novarre Coast/Civil War-like. From what I read/heard, multiple points will pop up, sometimes one, sometimes 2 to maybe even 3. That sounds unique to me in that occasionally we will all be fighting for one spot, other times deciding how best to balance ourselves to get 2 or 3. I'm definitely not in a position to complain before it even comes out, or before any specific details are released.

I enjoy swtor pvp in that controlling multiple areas has much more depth than a simple attrition based deathnatch. Those seem like they would get boring to me (4v4s all night would suck; but I find that a few here and there arnt so bad)

I enjoy it too but I would rather see some new matches and new things besides the same thing...so lets say they never fix this would you keep playing the same match for 10 more years.. I would leave the game if they never did by then

I enjoy it too but I would rather see some new matches and new things besides the same thing...so lets say they never fix this would you keep playing the same match for 10 more years.. I would leave the game if they never did by then

I'm just saying that the current wzs have a little more diversity than people sometimes give them credit for. I love voidstar, and huttball is a great concept. But mostly I'm just saying that Im willing to give this new map a try before I lump it in with NC and CW.

And to answer your question, I get burnt out of wzs in general (which is why I play on a pvp server for the occasional wpvp) and sometimes leave and return a few months later. Sure, I would love for them to put out a new war zone every year. But I honestly don't know if even that would keep me playing one game for 10 years. I guess I'm trying to say I haven't really thought that far ahead lol

I'm just saying that the current wzs have a little more diversity than people sometimes give them credit for. I love voidstar, and huttball is a great concept. But mostly I'm just saying that Im willing to give this new map a try before I lump it in with NC and CW.

And to answer your question, I get burnt out of wzs in general (which is why I play on a pvp server for the occasional wpvp) and sometimes leave and return a few months later. Sure, I would love for them to put out a new war zone every year. But I honestly don't know if even that would keep me playing one game for 10 years. I guess I'm trying to say I haven't really thought that far ahead lol

I would still like to see new maps and not to mention this big problem on GCD and how long it takes to cast the next one even you have to say yourself this game is more broken then usual

I would still like to see new maps and not to mention this big problem on GCD and how long it takes to cast the next one even you have to say yourself this game is more broken then usual

I don't find any problems with the gcd. It's part of the mechanics. I've never been a fan of wow and eso pvp is cool, but until they get some arenas, I'm not going back. Tamriel isn't my idea of the end-all-be-all to pvp

Edited by AndriusAjax

I don't find any problems with the gcd. It's part of the mechanics. I've never been a fan of wow and eso pvp is cool, but until they get some arenas, I'm not going back. Tamriel isn't my idea of the end-all-be-all to pvp

Go play any MMO the GCD is much shorter and in this game the GCD takes longer even watch some star wars vids the fighting looks very very fake and trashy btw I'm from Prophecy of the five and Ik every PvPer knows this too you must be one of the GCD shorter haters lol

Edited by blakegalloway

I've played pvp in this game since release and have seen various changes Some good some bad, But as the game is now unless they work strongly towards introducing a better queue system linking All servers basically emulating wows xcross server experience this game will keep seeing a decline Most of the servers are dead now except the few main servers that most people have begrudgingly Been forced to transfer to for better population, Ultimately you just have to settle for getting the pvp fun and varitey your missing here from other games.