NVIDIA 980 TI Crashing Issues (with Solution)

Zathena

So I recently returned to playing the game and was having all kinds of issues with my driver failing to respond, sometimes it would recover and other times it would take a hard reboot to recover. I tried all kind of things to include:

1. Reinstall driver

2. Install older driver

3. Clean unininstall/install of driver

4. Repair of game

5. Monitored GPU to see if it was going on and off to 100pct usage and it didn't come close and temp never went over 50C.

Anyways for those of you having this issue the solution is out there but it took awhile for me to find it through my various searches......You have to lower the clock speed of your GPU by 100MHZ.....I tried 25MHZ and that did not work. I have run the game over 4hrs+ 2 days in a row without a single crash and I'm running dual monitors usually with a movie/show playing on the other screen.

This is usually seen on EVGA cards , worth checking with EVGA if a later bios is available , if you don't want to downclock all the time simply place the video driver in debug mode per here when you find this problem

The Link says that debug mode only sets it to reference clock speeds though, not that it underclocks it as OP suggested.

The Link says that debug mode only sets it to reference clock speeds though, not that it underclocks it as OP suggested.

It has the same affect and stops this issue, EVGA overclock above reference , and going back to reference speeds is just like underclocking

Those that reduced the clock by 25MHz also raised the voltage 12mv , this reduction and voltage adjustment was later released in a firmware update for the 980 cards

Nice big thread here when this was more prevalent

Edited by OwenBrooks