What would you do?

Daniellcarlson

I am taking one class and doing every single mission I can find. I am also taking advantage of some kill achievements, specifically the 1000 companion kill achievements. Would you, play the game in order or jump ahead class story wise to get the next companion for the next 1000 kill?

I am on nar shaddaa (spelling?) currently and am caught up on the first companion and my ship droid currently and I think alderaan will be the next comp I get.

Sorry any spelling mistakes...doing on an iPad. Dumb auto correct.

It depends, the majority of the players get in this game because of the story content.

Personal class story being pivotal in this.

PvP hasn't been given much attention in ages (and judging from the feedback I read of people - really - not liking the PvP aspect of getting certain companions during KotFE, this is a consequence of that).

I started playing this game back in 2009 and I was also primarely interested in the personal aspect of it all, something you didn't get in other MMO's at the time where you were basically a copy-paste version of the next player character that comes around.

Here you were really following your own story, amongst thousands of other stories going on, which is what drew me and alot of other players to the game.

Currently, it appears Bioware still wishes to reinforce this, by granting the xp boosts events and sub xp boost which basically makes it easier to just follow class story and main planetary missions.

In the current state for me, I roll all my alt's personal story and sometimes planetary (depends on my level scale on the current planet).

The planet side-quests sometimes feel like filler, some of them don't even make any sense compared to the overarching story, and they start to feel like work (especially if you happen to pick up one right next to your target location of a main quest, and it has you running around all over a very large map next... I can't leave a side quest not-done once I pick it up, and I tend to complete them before continuing with the main quest. Sometimes they're even so elaborate that I forgot about why I had to go to my main location in the first place, breaking immersion as a result).

My main character tries to max out as much as possible storywise (KotFE, Alliance, influence, events and the like....however no PvP).

Edited by Svancara

I am taking one class and doing every single mission I can find. I am also taking advantage of some kill achievements, specifically the 1000 companion kill achievements. Would you, play the game in order or jump ahead class story wise to get the next companion for the next 1000 kill?

I am on nar shaddaa (spelling?) currently and am caught up on the first companion and my ship droid currently and I think alderaan will be the next comp I get.

The 1000 kill achievements are required only to unlock the special per-companion buffs, and of course from a completionist point of view. My own approach would be to take the 1000-kill stuff as it comes rather than racing ahead to get it - the special buff also requires finishing the companion conversation chain, and that happens at the end of Chapter Three.

I started playing this game back in 2009

No you didn't. The game didn't come out until late 2011.

The 1000 kill achievements are required only to unlock the special per-companion buffs, and of course from a completionist point of view. My own approach would be to take the 1000-kill stuff as it comes rather than racing ahead to get it - the special buff also requires finishing the companion conversation chain, and that happens at the end of Chapter Three.

No you didn't. The game didn't come out until late 2011.

I have all the companion conversations done on all classes I didn't have to kill 1000 npcs to gain the benefit because my heroic moment is at 5 minute cool down already long before I killed 1000 and hasn't changed since 1000 kills. Sorry if I don't understand what you're speaking of

Play long enough and you can get many multiples of 1000 kills with every companion, including your ship droid, all of the extra companions you get in KFE, and the ones that come in cartel packs if you get any of them.

No need to "skip ahead". Just play with one companion until you get the 1000 and move on to the next. If you haven;t got a "next" yet then play with whatever companion you like most.

I would suggest the one that best matches your/your character's personality in order to drive up positive influence.

When you get the new companion then start working on their thousand and when you get there repeat the process; New companion to start their thousand or favorite companion to drive up influence while you wait.