The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Suggestion: new kiss emote

JakkFrost

I was thinking, dunno if this has been suggested before, but how about a new kiss emote that works with companions, maybe just the ones you've initiated the romance option with, where you actually kiss them instead of just blowing a kiss into the air in the wrong direction.

There could even be several types of kisses; the sweet kiss, the passionate kiss, even a romantic flourish kiss (bend them over backwards).

Would be nice if the companion would even respond, too, though you'd probably have to do some recording for that.

Edited by JakkFrost

Cut scenes have different kiss animations, so its already recorded. But even though it would be nice for more companion interaction Bioware couldnt care less. :(

It would probably need to be rerecorded because cut scenes use different models to main in-game action.

(Proof: install a clean bitraider copy of the game and let it install just enough to let you play. Start a character - mine for the experiment was a trooper - and grab a CM armour set (I picked the Tactical Infantry set) from Collections into Outfit Designer. As the background download progresses, you will see your armour first take physical shape, then become the right colour, but the order in which things arrive is not the same in the main world as it is in cut scenes. Not-yet-downloaded textures are magenta-pink in the main world, silvery-grey in cut scenes, and when I first went in to see Havoc Squad's command centre, my (magenta-pink) helmet was the right shape in the main world, but entirely missing in the first cut-scene with Private Farn. Fortunately, although he's a tongue-tied fool around women, he was very polite to my male trooper and didn't ask me why I had no head.)

EDIT: That should read "Start a *new* character"

Edited by SteveTheCynic