The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My thoughts on Kylo Ren

Sarfux

Does no one remember Yoda's words from Empire Strikes back? The whole point of the Yoda character was to show that, "size" and other physical attributes, have nothing to do with the force. Even someone small and unassuming like Yoda, is one of the most powerful Jedi masters ever. That's the entire point of the character, and the teaching he gave to Luke.

Kylo Ren looking like a pouty/teenager is actually perfect, because it shows that "evil" (or the force) can impact anyone regardless of looks/culture. That is exactly why Kylo Ren works for me. He's basically the Anakin Skywalker character done right and written very well. (thats NOT to say Hayden did a bad job). Shows his conflicted feelings well. And just like real life, sometimes the faces of evil we face, don't look like what people imagine a face of evil should look like and we will see him grow through the whole new trilogy, possibly beyond.

And like how Vader used his mask for health purposes, Kylo Ren's mask/costume also serves a purpose. He uses to intimidate people. To hide his voice/face. To not only hide his lineage (since he comes from a Light side family), but because he doesn't look menacing/evil without it. And that's a flawed antagonist. And I love it.

I'm really baffled why so many people keep focusing on Kylo Ren's face not looking evil, or him being too young etc etc.

Great character! I love him.

I was talking with a friend and we discussed this also. BTW just want to put it out I'm 45 now so this is why it works.

Kylo is suppose to be late 20's to 30 and everyone was saying how emo he was. I didnt see that. As me and my friend talked we started going over how we acted in our late 20s and to be honest we acted the same way when we didnt get our way. So it does work.

As for the Anakin thing. i look at him as a sadistic young man who got jealous too easily and was prone to being manipulated too easy as well. He let his emotions get in the way of good judgement (and yes I did this in my early 20's). So even though if they did make him with the tantrum that kylo had either he would have been more dangerous or a complete schizo. But this is the conclusion we came up with.

I was talking with a friend and we discussed this also. BTW just want to put it out I'm 45 now so this is why it works.

Kylo is suppose to be late 20's to 30 and everyone was saying how emo he was. I didnt see that. As me and my friend talked we started going over how we acted in our late 20s and to be honest we acted the same way when we didnt get our way. So it does work.

As for the Anakin thing. i look at him as a sadistic young man who got jealous too easily and was prone to being manipulated too easy as well. He let his emotions get in the way of good judgement (and yes I did this in my early 20's). So even though if they did make him with the tantrum that kylo had either he would have been more dangerous or a complete schizo. But this is the conclusion we came up with.

Excellent observations! If Kylo doesn't get his way...watch out. o.o

I think he will grow into his evil. The potential is there.

I just hope he keeps the mask on more. He's far less scary when he takes it off in every scene.

And why did Han and Leia name him "Ben"? As far as I know, Leia never actually met Kenobi, and if she had she knew him as Obi wan, not Ben. And Han knew Obi wan for a couple days as guy who hired him to fly to Alderraan, hardly someone you name you son after.

Edited by BlazeTomahawk