Hylo Visz rep wiped out + no locked crate rewards

Paulis

I realize EA is too cheap to hire anyone to monitor this forum, but here I go anyway:

On Thursday night I finally made it to chapter 9 of KOTFE. By then I had accumulated around 20 of each locked supply crate from doing heroics over the past few weeeks. I spoke to Hylo Visz for the first time, then began handing in my crates of smuggled goods. I developed a rhythm and handed them all in pretty quickly. After exiting the convo window, I checked my inventory and found precisely zero rewards. Perplexed, I checked my rep level to make sure I hadn't imagined handing in the stack... And it was back to 1 (down from 10). I checked the chat log and after reaching level 10, it seems I was applied a -10,000 rep penalty.

The result: handing in 20 smuggled goods crates leaves me at level 1 with nothing in my bags to show for it. I had the foresight to take screenshots in the event there are, in fact, employees of EA still assigned to this forum/game. My in-game ticket remains unanswered, a status we all know won't change for several months.

Many thanks for reading this far,

Leet'o, Harbinger

Have you checked your inventory to make sure the crates are not back and did you finish the conversation correctly or simply exit it?

If you do the following:

Hand in crate x20

Exit conversation using Esc or any similar method all reputation is lost and your crates returned.

You must finish the conversation in the correct manner for the reputation to "stick".

I know what you mean about hitting ESC and having your rep "refunded" - I found that out just a few moments prior when I was hitting up Oggurob. In this particular case, I exited properly (option 3 I believe) but did not get any of my boxes back. They simply disappeared, along with my rep.

My first thought was that handing them in too quickly may have triggered some kind of anti-duping mechanism.