The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What would you think of a crossguard lightsaber?

MopSopS

What the title says, after watching the force awakens for a couple times (love it btw :)) I have fallen in love with kylo's lightsaber and I would love to see it in the game. There shouldn't have to be any animations reworked or changed hopefully, but if there are they would probably only be small changes.

Thanks for reading and sorry for any grammar mistakes, I'm not English :csw_yoda:

Believe it or not, but it turns out that his lightsaber wasn't even using a crossguard, at least it didn't intentionally function that way.

His lightsaber was unusual in ho unstable the craftsmanship was, hence why it sparked so violently in contrast to the lightsaber handled by Rey/Finn. As a result of the instability, two cooling vents were added to better control the temperatures, creating the appearance of a crossguard.

Can't say it didn't look cool though, and it'd be nice to try and get something like it.

In the new trailer for Star Wars Rebels one of the main characters encounters another crossguard saber. With that in mind, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they started to make it into the game at all, though I wouldn't want one myself. Anything that allows for character customization is good in my book.

Believe it or not, but it turns out that his lightsaber wasn't even using a crossguard, at least it didn't intentionally function that way.

His lightsaber was unusual in ho unstable the craftsmanship was, hence why it sparked so violently in contrast to the lightsaber handled by Rey/Finn. As a result of the instability, two cooling vents were added to better control the temperatures, creating the appearance of a crossguard.

Can't say it didn't look cool though, and it'd be nice to try and get something like it.

I knew that :). Its just easier to call it a crossguard hehe.

In the new trailer for Star Wars Rebels one of the main characters encounters another crossguard saber. With that in mind, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they started to make it into the game at all, though I wouldn't want one myself. Anything that allows for character customization is good in my book.

Saw the trailer too a couple of hours ago, and man im excited for these next few episodes!

You know what really grinds my gears? When a word gets used, and people just start using it even when it's wrong. And you can't stop it. As mentioned above, it's not a crossguard - a crossguard is there to stop your hand sliding onto the blade. Now, it WILL stop your hand from touching the blade, because it will take your hand off before it get's to the blade, but it's not exactly guarding you.

It's along the same vein as calling those new fire hazards "Hoverboards", when there's no hovering involved. A better name for them would be "Twât Scooters".

Another one is whenever there's a scandal, the American press add the word -gate to something to refer to it, like Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" being referred to as ******gate. If the original scandal happened at a hotel called "Hancock's", it'd be a lot funnier.

K, back on topic, I get that you love the film, but this isn't it. Anything you see in Clone Wars, Rebels or the films shouldn't be allowed. This is a separate game, set thousands of years before the films to avoid any crossing over like that.

Other arguments against it include the fact that Disney would never allow anything from their films to be used in this, since it will probably affect their licensing of the product - allowing someone to make merchandise, claiming it's not from the films, but from the game.

Edited by CrazyCT

You know what really grinds my gears? When a word gets used, and people just start using it even when it's wrong. And you can't stop it. As mentioned above, it's not a crossguard - a crossguard is there to stop your hand sliding onto the blade. Now, it WILL stop your hand from touching the blade, because it will take your hand off before it get's to the blade, but it's not exactly guarding you.

It's along the same vein as calling those new fire hazards "Hoverboards", when there's no hovering involved. A better name for them would be "Twât Scooters".

Another one is whenever there's a scandal, the American press add the word -gate to something to refer to it, like Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" being referred to as ******gate. If the original scandal happened at a hotel called "Hancock's", it'd be a lot funnier.

K, back on topic, I get that you love the film, but this isn't it. Anything you see in Clone Wars, Rebels or the films shouldn't be allowed. This is a separate game, set thousands of years before the films to avoid any crossing over like that.

Other arguments against it include the fact that Disney would never allow anything from their films to be used in this, since it will probably affect their licensing of the product - allowing someone to make merchandise, claiming it's not from the films, but from the game.

Disney probably won't care about an item that is being added into an mmo, at all. And besides, kylo's saber is based off of an old design found on malachor. Ofcourse this game is not canon but that doesn't mean they can add in stuff like this.

so then we should get rid of double bladed lightsabers and Well for that matter we need to get rid of lightsabers period because they were first used in the films?

personally I don't see why not use the saber like Kylo's whose to say it wasn't used back then. Heck before Phantom menace you never saw double bladed light sabers.

Why can't they add Kylo Ren's lightsaber to SWTOR? In the Star Wars The Force Awakens Visual Dictionary, they say his lightsaber is based on an ancient design, so why can't they put it in the game or something similar.

so then we should get rid of double bladed lightsabers and Well for that matter we need to get rid of lightsabers period because they were first used in the films?

personally I don't see why not use the saber like Kylo's whose to say it wasn't used back then. Heck before Phantom menace you never saw double bladed light sabers.

Yup, totally agree with getting rid of double-bladed lightsabers too. And please, don't even get started on light-whips or curved bladed sabers or double sabers that can be separated and used as nunchucks.

(I'm ok with using 2 sabers, but would prefer that to be a Sith Marauder thing. I guess for balance and easiness they can be used by Sentinels)

Edited by CrazyCT

Add the saber already...I have cc's to be spent lol. On a serious note I love the kylo ren saber, only thing is that they try to implement the sound effects. Personally the best saber sound effect in all the starwars universe. :):):)

I not a fan of it but if they bring into the cartel shop okay too. I wouldn't bother me and I get that some people like it.

For me I would prefer for my sith a light whip as that is what she uses in our roleplay but I know they probably won't do that as it needs a lot of working to make one right so for now I use it in our roleplay.

I don't get it why some ppl are so against it. If Kylo Rens lightsaber ever makes it into swtor nobody is going to force them to buy them. Having additional ways to customize our characters is something I am always willing to support.

I like the design and I sure would buy a few. ;)

• 2 months later...
I don't get it why some ppl are so against it. If Kylo Rens lightsaber ever makes it into swtor nobody is going to force them to buy them. Having additional ways to customize our characters is something I am always willing to support.

I like the design and I sure would buy a few. ;)

Since I saw crossguard in Rebels... at Malachor... I would prefer to wear that saber, because that feels more... canon.

Edited by PatrykJesionek