The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

53 Cartel Grand Crystal Packs...

Flyingtam

I purchased 53 Grand Crystal Packs from the current Cartel Market, and ended up with 45 bronze, and 8 silver crystals. I also received many, many duplicates, and not one single gold level crystal.

There are only 33 unique crystals available to the market, and I can't believe that not only did I not get one single gold crystal, I didn't even get close to a "random" distribution of crystals.

Is this just bad, bad luck or absurdly horrible itemization?

I purchased 53 Grand Crystal Packs from the current Cartel Market, and ended up with 45 bronze, and 8 silver crystals. I also received many, many duplicates, and not one single gold level crystal.

There are only 33 unique crystals available to the market, and I can't believe that not only did I not get one single gold crystal, I didn't even get close to a "random" distribution of crystals.

Is this just bad, bad luck or absurdly horrible itemization?

Go away and study basic statistics before posting this sort of drivel on forums.

The word "random" in front of "distribution" is NOT a synonym for "uniform", especially with a sample size as small as 53.

Go away and study basic statistics before posting this sort of drivel on forums.

The word "random" in front of "distribution" is NOT a synonym for "uniform", especially with a sample size as small as 53.

SteveTheCynic is a very apt name for you. You are right. The point I'm trying to make is that the probability of the items are horrible. In an MMO with DLC and micro transactions, if someone spends US$40 for 53 Grand Crystal Packs and can't get the one out of 33 Crystals they want, then something is busted. When I only get 21 unique Crystals... yeah, that pissed me off to no end, and made me want to quit this farce of a game, or at the very least, never buy another Cartel Pack ever again.

But you, Cynic, would say that's the way it's supposed to be, and if you don't like it, stop playing. So I think I will, and I'll let you with your condescending, arrogant, I'm better then you because I think I am, continue to play this horrible MMO.

Good Day Sir.

But you, Cynic, would say that's the way it's supposed to be, and if you don't like it, stop playing. So I think I will, and I'll let you with your condescending, arrogant, I'm better then you because I think I am, continue to play this horrible MMO.

No, I wouldn't say that's the way it's supposed to be. I'd say that's the way it is, because random sampling is like that. I've had sessions of REing post 4.0 where I was showing a 60% chance to get research, and three in a row of the same item didn't give any research. Ho hum, keep going. I'm still gaining craft experience for making the things to RE.

Hmm. Well, actually, in a way, you're right. The process used in the game is supposed to be like it is, because it is supposed to be like a random process, and random processes are like that.

Oh, and can Tora have your stuff?