No in game sound

Smittles

Hello,

I was playing the game fine a few hours ago and everything was working fine. Went to class, came back and after a brief client patch I no longer have in game sound for anything.

The sound for every other application and game I use is working. I do have the updated sound drivers and latest direct x as well since that is what the help said to do and now I am at a loss. Help would be appreciated.

Edit: I am running Windows 10

Edited by Smittles

Does a PC reboot bring the sound back , have heard of some issues with sound in win 10

other then that when the game is running switch to window mode and then click on the speaker icon on the task bar , need to get into the mixer , there will be sliders for adjusting sound , when swtor is running it will have its own slider , so check this isn't set all the way down to 0.

other then that pressing ctrl S turns the ingame sound on and off

you can run a repair per here

also in future best place for these sorts of issues is here

Edited by OwenBrooks

Just in case , right mouse click on the game shortcut , select open file location , go into the swtor folder there and delete just the file called diskcachearena ( don't delete the swtor or retailclient folder )

try also going in game and go to preferences / sound and toggle sound on, off and on there

other then that I guess try uninstalling the sound driver and let it re-install again