Cannot play any current characters or new ones once made. Error: C12

MelZen

Please help. I cannot log into my characters again. :mad:

I have now realized what happened because this is the second time it's happened this way.

I had been logging in and out without issue until I used one of the KotFE transports located in the companion tab for the shield generator quests. The first one was Voss. I don't know the specific names because I cannot log my character in to get it, I clicked the travel button and it went to the KotFE loading screen and 2 seconds later I was kicked from the game with this error:

----------------------------------------------------------

This program encountered an internal error and will exit.

Error code: C12

Failed to load room dat file

[/world/areas/4611686025383332936/hub5e.dat]

Reason: Not found

When I restarted the game, it allowed me to go as far as the character select screen. When I hit play on my character, the game once again went to the KotFE loading screen for a second or two and then returned to the C12 error.

When I logged into a different character, the error was slightly different.

This program encountered an internal error and will exit.

Error code: C12

Failed to load room dat file

[/world/areas/4611686019802841877/terrain_distance_mountains_and_water.dat]

Reason: Not found

I tried removing the bitraider files listed for the launcher full scan. I deleted bitraider completely. I even uninstalled, reinstalled and updated the game twice with no luck. It wasn't until I installed the 4.0.4 update that my characters were usable again. I played fine yesterday but today I clicked on the Hoth version of the transports and the cycle began again. The transport is the only thing I can find in common for these two events.

I am a subscriber who is paying for game time I can't even use because of this error and I've seen a few others having this trouble as well. If I could play a different character for a couple of days, I wouldn't be so concerned but this bug is wasting money for us and it would be appreciated if this could get a higher level of priority on the long list of things that need your concern.

Thanks in advance.

Update: I attempted to make a new character and got the above error message but the loading screen didn't have the picture, just the background with multiple "Error Finding Codex 0" messages across it.

Edited by MelZen

In future you are best posting here this is the wrong location

try the below

1. Right mouse click on the game shortcut , select open file location delete the bitraider folder , then go into the swtor folder in this location you will see a file called diskcachearena , delete just that file , do not delete the swtor folder. after that start the launcher.

2. if it persists use the repair utility here

Apologies for the misplaced post. I had tried all of those things twice already but decided to try it a third time and was able to login again. I'm not sure how this makes any sense but I'm glad to be able to play my characters. Thank you for your response. :cool: