The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bring back slotted chest pieces or allow collecting from collection

So, I'm struggling to understand why the slotted chest pieces, such as the Sith, BH, etc. chest pieces were removed from the CM. I currently have one on my BH but, thanks to 4.0, I really want to re-make the character so I can 1) play through as I wanted to without Mako getting too upset and losing affection/influence, 2) remember how to play the class from scratch after all the changes.

Problem is, she has the level 15 slotted BH chest item from the Cartel Market. Ok, what's the item description say? "You can only get more of this item from the CM". Ok....uh....where is this item now? Oh. It's gone. So....can I not get this from my Collection? The item shows up in the collection. I have clearly 'collected' it....

If the slots are such a big damn deal, why can I not reclaim a bound, non-slotted shell of the item instead? Rather than re-rolling the character and losing the item or having to fork out 90k in credits on the GTN for a non-slotted version of the item? This is really, really bloody stupid. If something is in the collection, LET US COLLECT IT!