Can't Play due to Launcher Error with patch

greatmasterbee

Hello,

I could play yesterday on the 10th fine. But today I login to the SWTOR Launcher and get the Error: "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again."

The patch is supposed to come out tomorrow the 12th in about 13 to 14 hours in EU according to the maintenance notice.

Is there an issue known about this ?

I am currently having the same issue. I was playing just fine earlier today, but now when I try to launch the game I get the "this application has encountered an unspecified error". I have tried the fix of deleting the files from the bitraider folder several times now and it does nothing.

I haven't been able to ascertain one cause of this error , it is possible it could be a few things , apart from antvirus/firewall it could be an issue talking to the bitraider servers in which case it may correct on its own

if this seems to occur frequently or unable to resolve in a timely manner the only 100% way to stop the unspecified error is to switch to the non streaming launcher , as this doesn't involve bitraider for patching and unspecified error is specific to bitraider.

if this is something you want to do as a one off pain to re-install the directions are here

edit - if you go into windows services by pushing the windows key + r and type services.msc see if stopping and starting the bitraider services has any affect , but then reboot of the PC should have the same affect

Edited by OwenBrooks