The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

An experiment in how to get gear (Synthweaving version)

SteveTheCynic

I recently decided to start an experiment with a new-ish Sith Warrior (Vengeance Jugg), where I would equip her with whatever I wanted, except where I *can* make the item using Synthweaving. So, in effect, no moddable or quest-reward armour after I started being able to make armour using Synthweaving. This implies that even in end-game, because the character is new enough to not have an Archive section (she's about to set off to Balmorra, at level 24), she will not use moddable armour at all.

It's OK according to the rules of this experiment to use moddable weapons, focusses, shields, or generators.

The character herself is a Human Female, and the terminally curious can also experience the same surreal conversation I had, because you can make your own character with the same appearance, using:

Body Type 2

Head 3

Scars 1

Complexion 2

Eye Colour 5

Cosmetics and Tattoos 30

Hair 19

Hair Colour 10

Skin Colour 36.

When setting this up, the alert among you will notice that the result resembles (very closely) Tari Darkspanner. Completing the Revanite trials leads to an extended conversation between your character and an NPC who looks just like her.

I'm currently working on getting Underworld Trading up high enough to gather Dramassian Silk (Grade 3). A loss of patience will mean a trip to the Jawa Scrap vendors on Fleet to buy what I need.

I will post updates and observations here.

Without further ado, here's the first update, showing Xalari'pelarth in her third-tier gear, the Dramassian Force Expert's gear.

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t491/cynique42/Xalari-pelarth%20level%2025%20gear.jpg

The observant among you will notice the "level 25" in the image title. Xalari is level 25. The gear is req-24. The headgear is a circlet that does not hide the hood.

Observation. Synthweavers can make Armourings. So of course the rule is that Xalari must make her own armouring for her focus. This is something I'd do anyway, because the CDC vendors sell green Versatile Armouring 11 (req 22) with rating 62, +12 Mastery, +10 Endurance. Xalari can make blue Versatile Armouring 11, rating 72, +16 Mastery, +13 Endurance.