Level 50 tank in HM Flashpoints?

Warlocc

I recently complained that I dislike the new tactical flashpoints- too often I wind up babysitting 3 DPS that don't stop to consider that they don't have a healer.

In response, people told me to just queue for HM instead. Ignoring the fact that they're not available pre-50, is it even a good idea to queue for a hardmode as a fresh 50 tank? Even in tanking gear? Does bolster really help bridge the gap?

It's doable, but the experience might be sub-par. You will want to make sure you understand the HM mechanics, and understand your own abilities; timing on interrupts and stuns and making good use of crowd control and LOS pulls. More importantly, you want to make sure your gear isn't terrible, the bulk of your stuff should come from the heroic mission gear boxes. Threat could be a stumbling block, and if you get some seriously geared dps on your team, it could be an issue.

Coming from a healer - i would rather have a good lvl 50 tank in HM then bad lvl 65 tank. From my experience it is harder for low level tank to keep aggro and they are spikier on damage but it is manageable.

DPS....DPS is diferent story given tight DPS checks in some flashpoints...

It's doable, but the experience might be sub-par. You will want to make sure you understand the HM mechanics, and understand your own abilities; timing on interrupts and stuns and making good use of crowd control and LOS pulls. More importantly, you want to make sure your gear isn't terrible, the bulk of your stuff should come from the heroic mission gear boxes. Threat could be a stumbling block, and if you get some seriously geared dps on your team, it could be an issue.

That's the sort of answer that makes me wish we had story mode FPs again.

I'll keep this stuff in mind, though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.