Unable to change companion

Chelsal

Hello

Has anybody else experienced the problem whereby no matter how many times you dismiss your companion , when you try to select a new one , that original companion is the only one the system will allow you to select.

Thanks

Hello

Has anybody else experienced the problem whereby no matter how many times you dismiss your companion , when you try to select a new one , that original companion is the only one the system will allow you to select.

Thanks

Hello,

I have tried reproducing the error you have encountered and I am unable to obtain the same results as you. Can you please give additional information such as class, level, companion and location as well as a short description of exactly what you are trying to do.

~Koko

I have the same issue, here's my theory.

Apparently KOTFE introduced new companions and locked out the original ones, I believe they can be unlocked at a terminal however you need to be lvl 60 to start KOTFE and get access to said terminal.

Now in my case I have a Sentinel that went through the story line and was level 50 like 1+ years ago and then I stopped playing. I recently re-upped my subscription and went in and started on Illum, with plans to do to Makeb, Reven, and then Fallen Empire. However like the OP I cannot change my companion from Doc who was the last companion I used. I'm wondering if it's possible that somehow the companions got locked out for anybody lvl 50+ (or possibly had completed their class quest) when Fallen Empire was introduced and can't be changed until lvl 60 when we can access the console to unlock the orignal companions.

I could be off but I have looked everywhere and cannot find any way to change from Doc.

***Update***

Well I feel stupid, apparently there is a new Window called Companions and Contacts where you summon companions from, believe it or not that helped.

Edited by jpom