Small random explosions on player ships

TheWookiee

Anyone seeing these random small explosions pop up on your ships after jumping to hyperspace? I hear them every time I travel to planets and half the time I actually see them, mostly by the ship exit. No damage or anything, just a small pop and a graphic.

The word is that it is someone on their copy of the same ship doing stuff like opening Alliance crates or CM packs that causes this - it sort of leaks through into your ship. (If you have a friend with the same ship as you, go onto your respective ships and talk in General chat for a small surprise.)

I was thinking they had to do something with the story line.

On the Jedi ship, they often appear right as you walk into the room. An explosion will appear near the top right of the stairs and then right next to the exit. Therefore, its easy to reproduce so I doubt its someone else.

Chat was always connected, you could even see map icon of your friend on their ship if you were in the same party even if you were not in the same place. This explosion thing though seems new and I wish they would comment on this or say they were working on a fix. It is not critical and I am sure that is why they don't seem to give a damn. However, for a game focus on immersion to personal stories and atmosphere they really should fix this.

In the mean time it be nice if everyone in the game could pledge not to open crates on their ships, but that is not likely to happen either. I am more likely to win the 1.4 billion Power Ball this Wednesday.