Is there a setting that allows keybinds to work if you don't have your UI up?

AdrianDmitruk

We all know how buggy and laggy this game can be. Occasionally it can cause the UI to fail, and gg trying to get it back.

I just had a brand new warzone crash to desktop trying to recover my UI when it went out :/

I've noticed that when my UI crashes I can move but my keybinds don't do anything (so I can't use cooldowns or attacks or anything to extricate myself). Is there a setting buried somewhere under preferences that allows you to play from keybinds only while you wait for an opportune time to load your UI back up?

I personally havent experienced any issues with my UI crapping out however when I hid my UI my skills still function. Do your's if you hide the UI? I dont recall any setting changed to allow this.

I'd give it a try, hide your UI see if the your key binds still work, mine function fine for the mouse and keyboard. If they do then the crash is likely what needs to be addressed since this isnt an issue happening to everyone would seem on the surface to point to something local.

I've never been able to use my abilities when my UI is down. I've tried it under controlled circumstances such as open world questing before and I can't do anything other than WASD type movement.

Earlier today I was loading into a Novare, the spacebar through the long-*** cutscene didn't seem to be working at all, and then when I FINALLY managed to get through that I found that the only part of my UI that displayed was the mini-map and abilities weren't firing at all. Resetting UI simply loaded the minimap only again. I had to restart the entire client.

Most of this buggy **** started with 4.0. While I've never been able to fight without having my UI up, before 4.0 it would at least load properly and consistently, and general performance FPS-wise was much more consistent. PTS would have been very nice as a venue to troubleshoot what was causing all this, but now that it's made it to live, EAware won't care.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk