Yet Another Windows 10/Frame rate Issue

Docta_McNasty

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 (yesterday) and the first thing I noticed was that my frame rate for this game went from great to terrible. Even on the lowest settings the best I can get is around 3-4 fps. On the settings I usually have (textures high, no shadows) it's less than one frame. I ran the game on Windows 8.1 before without any problems.

I've scoured the forum and reddit looking for some sort of solution, and I've tried a number of them to no avail.

This is in no particular order

~ I tried running the game on admin mode (launcher.exe, swtor.exe, and brwc_swtor.exe)

~ I tried running on both Windows 8 and Windows compatibility mode (launcher.exe, swtor.exe, and brwc_swtor.exe)

~ I made whole new selections on the Windows Firewall (manually creating new incoming and outgoing selections (launcher.exe, swtor.exe, and brwc_swtor.exe)

~ Uninstalled and reinstalled

~ Turned off the Xbox overlay thing

~ Updated my drivers

~ Restarted the computer

~ Deleted the xrc files in the Bit Raider folder to force a repair

At one point I was unable to get the server list to show, but I resolved that by running the desktop shortcut to the launcher in the same modes as the rest.

As it stands I cannot play the game in the state that it is. I may end up reverting back to Windows 8.1 if this keeps up, but I would prefer not to because this is the only issue I have with Windows 10 so far. Also I store Swtor on my 2TB external hard drive, along with my Steam games, Origin games, and ESO, but that has never affected gameplay for me.

Here's my laptop's specs:

GPU: GeForce GTX 770M

CPU: Intel® Core i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz

Memory: 12.00 GB RAM (11.89 GB usable)

Resolution: 1920 x 1080, 64Hz (I have two screens with the same resolution, only run SWTOR on the main)

Driver version: 361.43

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Again, Swtor was running 100% fine with everything I had before. Something about Windows 10 broke the frame rate. Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah it was set to performance or balanced at the time. And the Nvidia Shadowplay thing has never been turned on.

As it stands I switched back to Windows 8.1 a few hours after making this post because I learned of half of dozen other games biting the frame rate bullet (Fallout 4, Dragon Age, etc.).

Thanks for the response.

Yeah it was set to performance or balanced at the time. And the Nvidia Shadowplay thing has never been turned on.

As it stands I switched back to Windows 8.1 a few hours after making this post because I learned of half of dozen other games biting the frame rate bullet (Fallout 4, Dragon Age, etc.).

Thanks for the response.

Had no problems with any other games apart from SWTOR with W10. Fallout 4 & DA run absolutely fine.

Try downloading all directx 9 packages available and install them, from my experience windows 10 doesn't have directx 9 by default so it emulates it, that might create some problems.

And I guess your laptop has Nvidia optimus, so check that might be possible that it switches to your integrated graphics card instead of nvidia

Thanks for the response.

There is reports of this in the GeForce forums that some of the later drivers did have an impact on fps