The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Who do you think its stronger?

adormitul

Someone who is born with power and talent and trains it to its greatest extent or someone who artificially increases his power and learns to use it?

So for example who is a stronger being Vitiate who artificially increased his power or Sidious who was born with it and trained it?

Or another example is the Warden of the Order and Darth Nox one was born very very strong in the force and the other one well increased it with sith rituals and ghosts. I do not mean who is stronger between the 2 in a duel because the Warden of the Order has that skill that blocks Nox from accessing his artificial power. Its like with Nihilus and the exile the dark lord could kill anyone but the Exile who was immune to his death attack she was his weakness.

A good example also would be Nihilus and Sion one took power from others then other one took from himself who would you think was stronger?

Someone who is born with power and talent and trains it to its greatest extent or someone who artificially increases his power and learns to use it?

So for example who is a stronger being Vitiate who artificially increased his power or Sidious who was born with it and trained it?

Or another example is the Warden of the Order and Darth Nox one was born very very strong in the force and the other one well increased it with sith rituals and ghosts. I do not mean who is stronger between the 2 in a duel because the Warden of the Order has that skill that blocks Nox from accessing his artificial power. Its like with Nihilus and the exile the dark lord could kill anyone but the Exile who was immune to his death attack she was his weakness.

A good example also would be Nihilus and Sion one took power from others then other one took from himself who would you think was stronger?

While I disagree with the PC comparison for numerous reasons (I am biased for Nox) I do think that the other point is only really important in regards to certain aspects.

Knowledge Vs Power

The main thing that we hear about this throughout Star Wars, is that those with awesome power, often are able to overcome their challenges rather easily, not usually having to expand their kits too often. Those who rely on knowledge however, typically are those who are born with lower force potential. In essence though, their knowledge in the force allows them to do things that they normally would be unable to do. For example, Sidious was stronger in the force than Yoda (some disagree) but Yoda's knowledge in the force, at that time, surpassed Sidious and thus he was able to keep pace.

In regards to Sidious and Vitiate, it is much less cut and dry. Both are exceedingly knowledgeable by their primes, and both started with a good chunk of power. In this, I will explain in the next point.

Effort vs Natural

To start off simply, I will use a math example:

If one starts with 10 and the other 1, the one with 10 starts off much more powerful, such as Natural. However, the rate of growth for each, would be Effort, which is basically how hard and long they try to improve themselves, instead of relying purely on their natural abilities. Quick example:

A: 10 + Z x Y

B: 1 + Z x Y

In this scenario, A is clearly starting off at a much higher level. If they both work at the same pace, and both work for the same amount of time, then A would remain superior. However, if B progressed and pushed far harder than A for a longer duration of time, they would eventually surpass A.

Area of Study vs Style

This section is rather short, but even what they choose to learn or perfect, has a large impact on how well they perform in a given situation. Say a Jedi masters force speed while another only focuses on saber. In theory, the one with the saber could defend themselves and compete if the other slouches in saber combat. However, it is also possible in theory for one with low saber skills, to speed blitz the saber master due to a dominance in force speed. Another example of such, is Exotic vs Common powers, which I won't give their on section. For example, Exotic powers are not always out right stronger, but often are harder to counter, or people have no experience against them.

An example of this, is Force Drain. When it emerges after times of dis-use, it tends to be extremely effective and devastating, until they learn the counter. Once the counter is learned, drain becomes a waste of energy. The Jedi for example have methods to negate force drain, but due to its usual rarity, it is not something taught in basic training. For example, Anakin learned how to resist draining techniques when he had to face the Dark Reaper (if I remember correctly...) and he learned said technique from a force ghost. (memory is sketchy on that part, correct me if I'm wrong)

Overall though, it is not cut and dry, but rather comparative learning, what they learn, and knowledge/power usage.

Edited by Silenceo