The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why do you think they underpowered Grevious in TCW?

adormitul

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Grievous is a master strategist and the greatest hand-to-hand Jedi killer the galaxy has ever known.

—Insider #75

Grievous. The most prolific slaughterer of Jedi since Durge.

—Revenge of the Sith

Of all the monsters I have created, I still regard Darth Vader as something of a minor masterpiece. No, he was not an entirely alchemical creation, but he was my monster nevertheless. Even though he failed to live up to his full potential, there was much pleasure in transforming Anakin Skywalker from a bright-eyed, tousle-headed youth into the greatest Jedi killer of all time. Yes, he ultimately turned against his Master, as monsters sometimes do, but that was my fault, not his. Given the opportunity to create Vader again, I would, and with zeal.

—Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide To The Force

Anyhow, being the best Jedi killer doesn't necessarily translates into having the highest kill count imo.

Edited by cs_zoltan

What other way to measure the performance in jedi killing then kill count? We need a objective measuring scale and this is the only one.

It like with the worlds greatest assassin.

True, the main thing is that Vader's "Best Jedi Killer ever" accolade is vague as we don't know whether that translates to skill or kill count or both. If it applies to kill count than Vader is no.1, if not it's probably the General.

What other way to measure the performance in jedi killing then kill count? We need a objective measuring scale and this is the only one.

It like with the worlds greatest assassin.

We can compare the skill of the Jedi they killed.For example we can say that Malgus is a better Jedi killer than aurra song since he have killed Masters and battlemasters. Skills of the people they killed should also play a part of how high on the list they should be.

We can compare the skill of the Jedi they killed.For example we can say that Malgus is a better Jedi killer than aurra song since he have killed Masters and battlemasters. Skills of the people they killed should also play a part of how high on the list they should be.

Well Aurra Song did killed Master I mean knights and lets be honest if she met the battlemaster of the jedi order during that time I am very sure he would have died against her. He was embarrassingly weak. I might exaggerate but a good deal of his students Kenobi among them surpassed him by a long shot and even padawans could give him pause.

But yeah skill of the opponents also counts but Vader beats them all on kill count and the quality of his victims. and Grevious is not that far either. Granted he has no Master under his belt but that was because the Masters where lucky that Shaak Ti luck was really on her side until Galen Marek.

Edited by adormitul

Well Aurra Song did killed Master I mean knights and lets be honest if she met the battlemaster of the jedi order during that time I am very sure he would have died against her. He was embarrassingly weak. I might exaggerate but a good deal of his students Kenobi among them surpassed him by a long shot and even padawans could give him pause.

But yeah skill of the opponents also counts but Vader beats them all on kill count and the quality of his victims. and Grevious is not that far either. Granted he has no Master under his belt but that was because the Masters where lucky that Shaak Ti luck was really on her side until Galen Marek.

Kit Fisto wasn't lucky, neither was Kenobi.

He also killed a few named masters such as Soon Bayts, Adi Gallia (retconed), Foul Moudama, Roron Corobb. And beaten others, but couldn't finish the job because of circumstances: K'kruhk, Kenobi, Shaak Ti, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Aayla.

Considering he killed hundreds of jedi (emphasis on plural) I'm sure there were more masters than that.

Edited by cs_zoltan

Kit Fisto wasn't lucky, neither was Kenobi.

They where not killed by Grevious actually my point is that Grevious did not managed to kill any jedi master.

Wait so the jedi that tried to protect Palpatine where Jedi Masters.

Edited by adormitul