Still Lag Spikes

HiCalibre

Still getting those random lag spikes since the last update.

Still on random days at random times for a few hours at a time. Nothing else on my network has had any problems at all. Just SWTOR since it's last update.

I will be at full bars, under 35ms. Then I drop to over 4,000ms for a few seconds. Usually when I start doing something or when chat starts up. My computer used to run on ultra before the last update and now I can't do anything in low settings.

Please fix this. It is clearly not on my side if this is the only thing.

Also, all the correct ports are open. I have also reinstalled the game. Twice. Done router resets. Played with game settings.

I've had no issues until the last update came out.

Just fyi, check your fps. You might not be seeing network lag. CRTL + SHIFT + F, the fps will show in the lower left corner.

I have a high end computer and the motherboard/vid combo HATES this game engine on anything other than windows 7. i7, 32GB ram, SSD hdd & gtx 880 and it would drop to 14 fps on low setting all the time under win8 and win10. I went back to win7 and now it sits at 100fps (or higher) all the time on ultra.

You might not have to go so far, but its worth checking out. Maybe just rolling back your driver version or something.

Edited by FlyingUsPoo