Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

atmospherical flying

Nathangriff

Hi, i had an idea which would improve swtor massively and that is atmospherical flying, it worked so well in SWG and if it was implemented into swtor then it would make a great additon, i feel like something like this is what is missing to make the game appeal to everyone as it just feels mainly combat driven, which is good but sometimes people like piloting.

im sure many other people would agree

The game is just really not built for it and I doubt they could do it without putting a ton of work into it.

The planets are pretty much like maps in Counter Strike (except much bigger of course), once you watch from above you'd be able to see exactly which parts of the planet Bioware didn't put in. Especially planets like Yavin suffers from this.

I'm also uncertain just how well SWTOR can handle high speed movement, flying with the 110% speed our current speeder have would probably feel extremely slow.

For now, you can try do what http://ravalation.blogspot.dk/2015/03/swtor-aerial-photography.html did to see the planets from above. Some look really good from above, others much less so.

Edited by MFollin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.