Certificate authentication failed

LordXieul

I just got kicked out of game with this error showing - "Certificate authentication failed".

I restarted the launcher and got the same message.

I ran fixlauncher and checked time/date. Now the launcher starts but it says servers are not available.

Any clues?

Edited by LordXieul

try removing both launcher.exe and swtor.exe from the AV and Firewall exception lists

swtor.exe will be specifically server list

Ensure both are running as administrator and there is no compat mode on one without the other, symptom of only on one is no server list

ESET - disable protocol filtering

Kaperskey - disable scan secure/encrypted connections

Nortons Firewall set exceptions to "allow" not "auto"

As you found Certificate authentication failed is usually due to incorrect time/date

Edited by OwenBrooks

Try the repair utility here , fixlauncher.exe did that bring back the old style launcher ?

I wouldn't of thought a cert error would affect the game while it is running , certainly affect the launcher though on starting it.

Have you tried a VPN at all in case it is a routing issue on the net ?

Try the repair utility here , fixlauncher.exe did that bring back the old style launcher ?

I wouldn't of thought a cert error would affect the game while it is running , certainly affect the launcher though on starting it.

Have you tried a VPN at all in case it is a routing issue on the net ?

Yes since i ran the fixlauncher i don't get the certificate error message anymore but the normal launcher starts.

However, when it comes up i get a message on top of the launcher that says: "The login service is currently unavailable" and i would guess that has something to do with time and date error somehow.

Everything but swtor works just normal.