Not sure if this is a bug but several side missions have gone missing since 4.0

SolitudeDragon

i recently came back to this game a few days before 4.0. However after 4.0, several side missions since the patch have literally gone missing. I made a bounty hunter post 4.0 and the Lew Brell mission "Gang Warfare" wasn't available because I had apparently already done it. How could I have finished a mission when the character was newly created? Another was Urgrec's "The Rancor Egg" being unavailable.

Checking on several of these side mission NPC's as I played, they speak as if you've already done their mission. No problems with the class mission line so far, but now I'm wondering since there's a thread below here that saying several players have missing class missions if this isn't related.

i recently came back to this game a few days before 4.0. However after 4.0, several side missions since the patch have literally gone missing. I made a bounty hunter post 4.0 and the Lew Brell mission "Gang Warfare" wasn't available because I had apparently already done it. How could I have finished a mission when the character was newly created? Another was Urgrec's "The Rancor Egg" being unavailable.

Checking on several of these side mission NPC's as I played, they speak as if you've already done their mission. No problems with the class mission line so far, but now I'm wondering since there's a thread below here that saying several players have missing class missions if this isn't related.

Have you pulled down your map and checked the check-off box at top of map? It's to enable the exploration missions(the old side missions). For some reason they set the default for side missions to off.

Ok. So for some reason, the button is bugged but at least not too badly. It was on by default when I made the BH from a previous character. However, none of the missions were popping up. I turn it off and on again, still nothing. I turn it off, move off planet, go back and turn it on. Voila! Working.