The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I didn't like TFA

Kane_Ren

Title says it all really. I'm from the generation that watched the originals in the cinema, disliked episode 1/2 and was decidedly on the fence about 3.

ok, ive had a few days to digest what I saw, here are my reasons in no particular order.

Finn is a trooper indoctrinated since he was young, he really hasn't had to shoot someone in this way before? really? Even kylo noticed/sensed him and nobody was that bothered until he decided to help Poe escape. As for that he effectively said to poe 'I'm done' and everything was ok and they became best buddies in a matter of moments?

Poe survived the crash and finn didn't see him? yeah right.

Max von sydow's character was treated like we should know who he was and that annoyed me.

Lightsabers talk to you through the force? Lolnope. At least that was the way I interpreted it.

Han lost the falcon - that was stupid, as was the barge he was flying and just abandoned. All out of character as far as I was concerned. As for Mr Ford, he could have been acting as Indiana jones, because that didn't come across as Han Solo to me.

Captain Phasma? - weak.

So you can just pick up a lightsaber and Duel a sith with zero training? Let alone win? Yes kylo was deeply flawed but 10 times out of 10 he could had frozen her, then loped her head off. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Fighting off 2 thugs on Jakku with a staff is a billion parsecs away from duelling with a saber.

The first order were all just kids, no older officers and the uniforms looked cheap and were badly fitting.

There is a New republic, great. But why does there need to be a resistance? And why isn't Leia part of it?

This resistance has a squadron or 2 of x wings and another ship and that is all they need to win. That small force obviously got past a star destroyer too. Err ok.

Superweapon with small flaw that makes it blow up. blah blah blah

3 planets huh? Tatooine,Naboo and Hoth, just with different names.

no way kylo is getting his hair back in that mask/helmet. No way.

it all added up to a series of disappointments, I didn't leave the theatre feeling this bad after episode 1