Sudden game crashes W8.1

xavierzutafun

Hi there,

I am having a problem which had never occured before. Firstly, before I will go on with this - there was NO update whatsoever regarding my GPU drivers. There was NO update whatsover regarding my OS or anything else (all of them are swtiched off by default).

This morning (I live in Japan, it is late evening now) I was running the game happily, everything worked, I even put some items on sale on GTM. Then I picked up my bike and went out to enjoy the sun.

When I returned back home, I switched on the laptop, tried to run the game - no luck, with 3 different, repeating outcomes:

1. Game shows me that famous Error code: C7 about "incompatible system" (I repeat, there was no change in my system, my drivers nor in the list of installed applications). So of course, the game does not run.

2. When I restart the laptop, I can be sometimes lucky and run the game, but it freezes during the loading screen and to that point, that the keyboard does not react even to the ctrl+alt+del or anything else, so the only thing I can do is switch of the laptop with the power button.

3. Once in 5 times I got lucky and managed to actually go past the loading screen, I saw the server menu and then BAAM - I am kicked out without any warning or error message, the game just switches itself off. And when I try to run it again after this event, I always get the same Error code: C7 message, until I reboot the bloody thing and then I can get one of the 3 above options again.

I ran the DDU, removed the GPU drivers later on, put in new fresh ones - no results, still the same.

Once again - I did not even touch my laptop when I was AFK, I got back home, ran the game and all the problems started by themselves.

Details: Windows 8.1 64bit (6.3, build 9600), Acer Aspire VN7-591G, Intel Core i7-4710HQ Quad, 16GB Ram, 128GB SSD, nVidia GF GTX860M 4GB Ram.

Any suggestions, or is the only (and probable) solution to reinstall the whole bloody thing? Thank you in advance.

Most common cause of C7 on a system that is above minimum requirements is the video card drivers

The 860m drivers have been broken pretty much since 355.98 , in the first instance install this hotfix for the 860m 359.12 if that doesn't help revert back to 355.98

All future issues should be posted here there is no help in the bug report section normally

Edited by OwenBrooks