The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Specialization change token

Sithishe

I really would love to see the Specialization change token. Since with all the changes to classes, and in for general reasons. For example I have put to much into my character, I have alot of unlocks and items that not obtainable anymore, like The Bulwark sword(used to drop from Kaon Under the Siege), or mounts like Coreilan baron, and I really love my character, but what if I am tired of current class specialization that I have, and I want to change to another one. I really would not like to have new character, even with level 60 token. I want another specialization on this very character, and I totally would buy this item off CM. I think many players think that way, maybe they got tired of being Operative, but has to many achievements and unique unlocks that not obtainable anymore on their Snipers, or evil nerf changed their favorite class. So I think it would be really nice add-on to Cartel Market.

When you watch the pre-3.0 twitch streams where they introduced the disciplines, you'll see a dev resetting the character to level 1 and then granting level 60 again to pick the other spec. You'll also see the troubles that come with it, one time they had to manually re-grant abilities, one time the companions were lost after respec, another time they forgot to unequip the shield before respeccing, and the dual wielding spec wouldn't work properly. (All the time Musco repeating "this is a dev shard" like a mantra)

So yes, it's technically possible, but before it can be made available to us, a lot of safeguards need to be implemented to prevent us from breaking our characters so badly that only dev hacks can restore them to a playable state.

I would like it as well (either that or the option to simply restart from level 1 while keeping the char's items, or even just a way of bequesting a retired character's cargo bay to a new char.) but at the moment the devs seem to be overwhelmed with the current issues. Maybe a few months in 4.0, when the programmers had enough time to fix the technical issues, they can open a new construction site.

Edited by Mubrak

Ah did not knew it was that difficult, I did not payed attention to the game, since 1.7 and until 4.0 :)

Still would love to see this eventually, since I am more of one character player, and I really do not like keeping alts in check. Like full respecc or something. Also I dream of marauders getting tanking specc, since being dual wield tank was always my weak spot in MMO, but this is already not for this part of the forum.