What the Hell, BioWare?

Koichi

You deleted items in my inbox that were moved from my companions to my mailbox after 4.0 hit. I had originally left them in my inbox, because there wasn't any room in my storage or inventory. I was on hiatus for a few months and came back today to find that all my items--items like my Elara Dorne Companion customization that I can only get from exchanging a Gold Certificate during the Nightlife Event-- were gone. I sure as hell didn't delete it.

Server: Ebon Hawk

Toon: Grey'wolfe

Unfortunately all mail is deleted after 30 days. Therefore if you leave it in your inbox they will be deleted after the time limit. So it's not a bug or anything, or really Bioware's fault. It sucks but, at least you know now.

Nope. Not true. I checked on one of my other characters and it had the items that were moved from my companions to the inbox. It was 53 Days old--more or less. I also know that in the past, I've left stuff in my inbox that was over 90 days old without them going missing. This is a first that it's ever happened.

Edited by Koichi

Want to also point out that this issue can be a bigger problem for old players returning after months of not playing. It was on BioWare that our stuff on our companions got removed and placed in our inbox. You tell me, you think returning players are going to be happy to find that, collectively, more than a third of the items on their companions have just magically disappeared without a trace? Not knowing that the items and gear that grinded for their companions have been forcefully removed and expired/vanished after so many days (if that's what really happened)?

Especially companion customizations that you could only get via the Cartel Market or special events which required grinding to obtain?

They pull another stunt like this and I lose gear, based on a bug that was released with an expansion, I'm cancelling my subscription. I played since early Beta and been a subscriber ever since. They screw up and-- as much as I love SWTOR-- I'm not going to fund a company that can't be held accountable for missing gear that is now missing, because they placed my gear in a piece of mail that vanishes after so many days (IF that is the case). I know that they have mailed rewards that last forever in my inbox, so I KNOW they can fix this issue so it doesn't happen again.