The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kylo Ren vs Luke Skywalker [Spoilers Included]

WDreamer

So? Bolts have no weight, only momentum. Considering that padawans can react to the speed of blaster bolts that feat is trivial.

Does not change the fact that this is the first time we've seen it done in all of the movies, and it speaks to his force prowess. Though I have to say it's no surprise that you would take a contrarian position.

So? Bolts have no weight, only momentum. Considering that padawans can react to the speed of blaster bolts that feat is trivial.

Please, using the Force to pre-cog the direction of a blaster bolt and then have it guide your lightsaber in front of it to deflect it is one thing - padawan level as you say.

What Kylo did was the following:

1. Use the Force to pre-cog the sneak / snipe shot of a blaster bolt.

2. FORCE GRIPPED and HELD it's energy of forward momentum.

3. Questioned Poe and listened to his classic hero bravo.

4. Ordered the massacre of the townspeople in the centre square

5. Sensed Finn's unusual / confused emotional state

6. Started walking back towards ships

7. THEN RELEASED (finally) his FORCE GRIP on the energy bolt sending it forward.

^ Padawan-level huh?

Edited by WDreamer

For me it seemed that Kylo Ren was hitting the wound to cause more pain. Pain = More dark side points. And ofc being wounded by blaster shot + Finn hit him once made him weaker.

I really enjoyed Kylo Ren. I want to see this character grow in the next movies and not be replaced by disposable villain #4.

How much cybernetics Kylo Ren will get in the next movie? He got hit in the face, pierced in the shoulder and also hit in the stomach with blaster. And also hit in the leg.

Kylo would require little to no cybernetics imo. He never actually lost the functionality of any of his limbs. Maybe some artificial organ/assistance for his torso region but that's about it.

Luke

There was a point in the movie when Rey says "your afraid of not being as strong as darth Vader" to Ren, which is very telling of the level Ren is on with the force. I have said it multiple times, and it still holds true, expecially now, the newer the material is the more "flashy" the force powers will be, that doesnt mean the person is stronger in the force, or more skilled in the force, its just the progression of technology through the years. Luke was able to hold his own well enough against Vader even with his training, that I have to give it to him. Even with him at full health I believe ESB Luke's showings against Vader who, as far as things have been implied, was miles ahead of Ren makes Luke more then capable of taking him at that time.

Edited by tunewalker

I think we're jumping the gun here a little. Ren hasn't even reached his full potential yet.

No worries, that's why I put ESB Luke in the match up. Where by Yoda's own words Luke's training was also incomplete before rushing off to fight Vader.