Not rewarded during Sith Inquisitor story

Alchemouflage

I am leveling a Sith Inquisitor for the first time. I did not receive Kallig's Mask as a reward for retrieving it, thought maybe I would be rewarded closer to 'needing it to defeat Zash'. Same with Kallig's Lightsaber. Neither rewarded before or after Zash.

Were these replaced with generic rewards somewhere along the lines? I have checked all pieces before I vendor them along the way for appearances, and I never vendor Orange quality. Disappointed if this is the case

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I am leveling a Sith Inquisitor for the first time. I did not receive Kallig's Mask as a reward for retrieving it, thought maybe I would be rewarded closer to 'needing it to defeat Zash'. Same with Kallig's Lightsaber. Neither rewarded before or after Zash.

Were these replaced with generic rewards somewhere along the lines? I have checked all pieces before I vendor them along the way for appearances, and I never vendor Orange quality. Disappointed if this is the case

So I have played a (female) Inquisitor all the way through and yes there was an actual mask reward which could be equipment (and this was a while ago and back then you maybe even needed to equip it to help with the fight - memory is kind of vague on that part ).

I have recently started a (male) Inquisitor and have gone slightly past the class story where this comes up and I noticed that I too did not get the item quest reward. However, if you look in your equipment inventory under the MISSION ITEMS tab, you will see a "head" piece titled "Kalig's Countenance" (I think). Well darn, logged in just now to double-check to see the exact title and its no longer in my inventory (which is weird since mission items not used typically just sit in there until you drag them out to discard).

I have not yet gotten to the part of the story where this is supposed to help with the fight. However, since the content has been of no challenge at all so far, I hope not having it is not going being an issue.

I understand that in 4.0 some gear was removed, and I'm wondering if this item was one of them. I have not heard why said gear was removed. Since 4.0 changed the stats which required every gear item to be reworked it may have been a case where they had to drop some due to workload, or maybe the item shared the same "art" or rendering as one or more other pieces and they decided to remove what would be a duplicate piece of gear. Alternatively, they may have prioritized based on how many people have kept it (i.e., what percentage of Inquisitors above level X have it in their bank or equipped?).