Offhand Lightsaber Clarification

KeiAngelus

So my Combat Sentinel is currently level 52. Up until this point I haven't really paid much attention to my Offhand Lightsaber from a stat standpoint, but I noticed that it has significantly less damage than my Mainhand Lightsaber, which I guess is to be expected. What I've been pretty much doing is just obtaining two of every lightsaber that I've been using. As I go up in level though, at some point I'm going to need to switch from lightsabers that I receive as quest rewards to custom built ones. Having recently levelled a Sage and a Shadow to 65, I've discovered that lvl 220 Hilts, Mods, Enhancements, and Augments can cost upwards of several million credits APIECE on the GTN. I don't relish the prospect of having to build another lightsaber, let alone two of them! My question is, from a statistical standpoint, does the Offhand Lightsaber increase/decrease in damage output based on the lightsaber itself, or is it some small percentage of whatever damage output my Mainhand Lightsaber? In other words, if I just build my Mainhand as I normally would, will the Offhand always be the miniscule damage that it is now no matter what stats it inherently has, or does making it the same ilevel play a role in how much damage that it does? I'd really like to get a clearer understanding of this before I waste time and energy. Thanks all!

220 mods are endgame mods obtained 1st through operations and reverse-engineered by those who got the drops and got a successful reverse-engineering. You don't need them unless you plan on doing HM operations. And even then, that's where they drop. Also, you can get 220 pieces with exarch commentations (or w/e the high tier name is). So really, don't panic. Follow progression as you play and you'll get the gear you need in due time.