Needing some information. (About RP)

Illesa

So I was a roleplayer on various websites for about 14 years. I noticed that the game has an RP server but I have questions about how RP works on this game. Below I'll list a few of my questions and hopefully someone will pop by to answer them.

First and foremost, how alive is the RP community in this game? On WoW I noticed that (for the most part) RP was pretty much segregated on any server. A vast majority of players just being there for the MMO and not so much for the RP.. a lot of them not even partaking in the RP side of things at all. Is this server the same, or different? Please explain.

Would there be anything a new player would need to know about the accepted "community lore"? For example (new expansion spoilers ahead)

We know that not all of us could have had the exact same the emperor in your head experience the expansion gives.

That's all the questions I can think of at the moment, but if I missed anything important you'd like to fill me in on let me know in your response. ^_^

Also, if you notice anything mispelled please be gentle.. at the moment my keyboard is a little wonky. The "h" key won't work when I press shift to capitalize, and the "q" key isn't working at all..

So I was a roleplayer on various websites for about 14 years. I noticed that the game has an RP server but I have questions about how RP works on this game. Below I'll list a few of my questions and hopefully someone will pop by to answer them.

First and foremost, how alive is the RP community in this game? On WoW I noticed that (for the most part) RP was pretty much segregated on any server. A vast majority of players just being there for the MMO and not so much for the RP.. a lot of them not even partaking in the RP side of things at all. Is this server the same, or different? Please explain.

Would there be anything a new player would need to know about the accepted "community lore"? For example (new expansion spoilers ahead)

Spoiler

That's all the questions I can think of at the moment, but if I missed anything important you'd like to fill me in on let me know in your response. ^_^

Also, if you notice anything mispelled please be gentle.. at the moment my keyboard is a little wonky. The "h" key won't work when I press shift to capitalize, and the "q" key isn't working at all..

Actually there is a pretty healthy RP community on the server. currently it is most by the guild you join. There are some guilds who have RP with their allies.

That said there are a number of guilds who are working together to strengthen and grow not only the RP community, but the PVE and PVP communities as well. there are 2 websites I can point you to. one is http://www.begerencolony.org It is mostly for RP and the second is a site that just went up for everyone on the Server. http://begerencommunityhq.enjin.com/home Here we will have posts to keep folks informed and included in the various events we are trying to organize. Both sites are dedicated to Begeren Colony.

I'm Hamlinius GM of Legion of the Jedi.

founding member of the Server Summit