Unable to Choose Discipline for Restored Characters

GrouchyOldJedi

I left SWTOR for about a year, returning when the 4.0 patch dropped. When I quit the game, level 55 was the maximum and combat skills were handled much differently. So, when two characters were restored, I needed to choose a Discipline and select the level-gated abilities. One is Geddin, a level 55 Jedi Guardian. The other is Rimethorn, a level 43 Bounty Hunter Powertech. Both characters are on the Ebon Hawk server.

When logged in to either character, I am unable to select a Discipline. I have tried all three for each character repeatedly, experimented with selecting them in specific sequences, and went to the NPC in the training section to reset my Discipline selection. In the latter case, I followed the usual steps in the conversation with the NPC. When it came to the final step, it said that I had no discipline to reset. I hoped that trying to reset my discipline via the NPC might fix whatever was causing the bug, so I tried once again to choose a discipline. Again, no success. The issue continues even after logging out of the character and shutting down the game.

I encountered something similar to this when I used my level 60 boost token and wanted to change my discipline choice from the default selection before continuing with the KOTFE introductory story line. In that instance, I was able to reset my discipline via the NPC, but was unable to choose a new discipline or return to the original discipline. A Google search turned up a work-around. It involved repeatedly selecting the original discipline until it "stuck" (brought up the abilities selection menu), then changing to the desired discipline. That solution worked for me, but trying the same thing with these recently restored characters failed to resolve the issue.

I have reported this issue via an in-game ticket. However, given the length of time it took to get the characters restored to begin with, I decided to post here in hopes of getting a more prompt response.

• 5 weeks later...