The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Back to SWTOR after a long break.

huntersmercy

I'm wanting to get back into playing my trooper vanguard I was running him in pve mostly solo and did group flash points he was going dps but I don't know now which is the better dps the tactics or plasmatech if any one can tell me the game play for the two of them? and maybe post a link to a tactics dps build with stats and attack rotations, and the same thing for plasmatech. I'm trying to decide which advance class I want, my vanguard to be able to survive the pve stuff but help dish the damage when I do group content. Thank You All who may post here ;), Oh my tropper is lvl 34 and also which cell should be equipped when playing tactics and plasmatech? Edited by huntersmercy

Tactics Vanguard is currently the most powerful Vanguard spec. Even with the upcoming 30% to 10% crit nerf it will still shine. Dulfy is putting up a PVE Tactics Vanguard guide in the next few days but if you can't wait just look up their 4.0 AP Powertech guide and do the power name conversions to Vanguard.

Tactics is melee focused with some ranged. Think of yourself as the commander leading the troops into battle, or the elite soldier breaching the enemy stronghold.

Last time I played Plasmatech it was as a BH Pyro. I can basically describe it as a demolitions expert. Lots of DoTs, but that was 2012.

Edited by JianRin
adding more info