The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Request: "Skip to current max chapter" tokens, usable by level 65's only.

Woetoo

400 cartel coins. Unbound.

Two versions: Dark side assumptions and Light side assumptions. (Dark side tokens cost 425 instead of 400).

"On use: Immediately advance to current next available Chapter". (Currently Chapter X, but with later chapters included for future-proofing)

All decision tree or alignment choices to be applied according to the two "flavours" of the tokens (Light Side / Dark Side).

Usable by level 65 characters or above only.

Dependency: At least one character of your Legacy must already have completed the currently available chapters.

Single use item, only applies to KotFE Chapters available at the time of use. (ie. Does not unlock future Chapters retroactively).

Account-Wide variants: 2400 cartel coins (Light) and 2600 cartel coins (Dark).

I hardly ever buy anything from the cartel market, but I'd buy this.

Price has to reflect that people with lots of alts are the primary buyers - anyone who already completed the story and then reached level 65 by doing Storymode OPS, Flashpoints or some other non-story XP related activity on their alts and doesn't want to spend 5+ hours per alt doing a story they've already seen at least twice already (I assume everyone does it twice - hoping that they really can make meaningful choices before their hopes are dashed.).

I don't know about anyone else, but 14 of my 24 characters were all level 60 at the time of the KotFE expansion. With the upcoming XP boost (my guess would be 2x the current accelerated XP) - that number could increase. Despite the fact I've only done the story on 4 of my characters, 9 of them are already level 65. That's 5 characters who've never done Chapter I - who haven't switched from having 6 or 7 companions to having access to 20+.

I can just imagine there are a lot of people who'll get to the next expansion with characters who've never done Chapter I either. If that does happen, a script might have to be written to migrate those characters over to the new companion infrastructure. And if it's going to have to happen anyway, why not make some money from people like myself who'd dearly like to not have to experience the same story, over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I love story. I think it should come first (but only only).

Then there's the potential for double-dipping. Someone buys a token now, taking them up to Chapter X. Then in September next year has to buy another one so they don't have to repeat Chapters X thru XVI on their 11 alts.

Right now I've actually already cancelled my sub with the expectation of playing either preferred or not at all in about 3 weeks. But I can still have ideas - and I think this one could make Bioware some money (something they are clearly clambering for based on the "please sub, please sub, please don't take a break" subscriber rewards).

I realise there is actually development time involved in this request, rather just recycling or recolouring existing assets. But my hope is that the people who wrote the "Skip all pre-KotFE content" scripts for the start of KotFE's Chapter I might be still around.

Thank you for your consideration.

For anyone wondering if I'm serious or just taking the p***.... I'm both. I really would buy these.

(but when people would pay to skip your content rather than play it, something is going terribly wrong)

This line intentionally left blank.

Edited by Woetoo