Theory on Valkorion/Vitiate's true/third identity- (Spoilers?)

Nathan_Cousland

So... hear me out.

I think Vitiate is obviously the Sith identity for Valkorion, but what about.... ZILDROG? Here's why...

- The first you hear of Zildrog, his crazed acolytes are talking about how the great serpent will devour/enflame everything. WHO DOES THAT SOUND LIKE?!?

- Valkorion has a teny serpent-like head on the top of his chestplate...

-.. which partially resembles the various iconography and statues in the Herald's headquaters.

- Even Arcann holds some of the motiff- Note the serpent (with wings?) on his medallion.

- Valkorion makes a few references to serpents, but chief among them, when you look at the other points listed, regarding Arcann; "Beware the snake that thinks itself a dragon."

- We do not know what Zildrog is, with that fact presented fairly frequently; think the marketfolk talking about the mystery. If Zildrog does not at least become some sort of boss encounter later, then why bring up the dragon and do nothing with it?

- Zildrog supposedly lives out in the Endless Swamp, if I recall correctly? What was the Gravestone doing out in the swamp? This is reaching, but... who knows. I could see the Gravestone holding the Dark Heart of Zildrog himself, hence something something something mysterious room on ship something something Darkside. Lots of room to connect things there, should Bioware wish to do so.

Maybe I am crazy... but this is just something that has come to my fragile little mind.

very interesting theory. there definitely is something going on in the gravestone.

although i think its more likely that Valkorian is Izax, but Zildrog is also a form of Izax. You can read more about that in this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=850640&page=2

Heralds of Zildrog Codex: Stories of the dragon Zildrog predate Izax’s pantheon. In the earliest legends, Zildrog was a guiding mentor who tested the strength of a warrior’s spirit. A fallen warrior would be consumed by the dragon, feeding its everlasting power. However, a victorious warrior was rewarded with the Breath of the Dragon. This boon imbued a soul with burning fire, lighting the way to a fortuitous future. During the height of the Old Ways, Zildrog was one of Izax’s many forms–a terrible beast that brought only death.

Edited by JSitruc

Its a very good theory that makes sense. But you forgot about the part where You first stepped into the Dark Sanctuary where Valkorion says "I take it you have questions?" But when the outlander ask if this was part of his plan he says "The real question should be, why are we here?" As if he doesn't want you scuffling around in that room. Idk whats inside that chamber with the tainted yellow/orange windows but it looks like there are a couple big glowing eggs in there, or maybe its entirely a power core. Time will tell on that.