Companion Gear is showing incorrectly in Cutscenes

MaximusRex

For the original companions it appears that gear is showing incorrectly in cutscenes. This is really obvious with not having an certain item equipped, or using a "Covert" item. I have Andronikos with covert bracers, but in a cut scene it shows his default bracers.

I have also noticed that even in KOTFE content that Companion customizations are being ignored, and a Companion like Peirce who is not inside the War Room instance is showing his default uniform/customization, and not what I have equipped on him. And the Party in the cantina, where HK-51 and Treek both show up in their default appearances.

I get it, these bugs are hard to fix, but it really detracts from having "my" story when the game keeps showing me companions that in some way or another don't look like mine.

For the original companions it appears that gear is showing incorrectly in cutscenes. This is really obvious with not having an certain item equipped, or using a "Covert" item. I have Andronikos with covert bracers, but in a cut scene it shows his default bracers.

I have also noticed that even in KOTFE content that Companion customizations are being ignored, and a Companion like Peirce who is not inside the War Room instance is showing his default uniform/customization, and not what I have equipped on him. And the Party in the cantina, where HK-51 and Treek both show up in their default appearances.

I get it, these bugs are hard to fix, but it really detracts from having "my" story when the game keeps showing me companions that in some way or another don't look like mine.

And I think you hit the nail on the head while the new companions aren't customizable. There are so many factors into each new gearset they put in, that they've started to lose track of what does and doesn't work. :)