The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Here are suggestions of rewards/items I could actually get excited about...

Lunafox

Here are some suggestions for subscriber rewards...or cartel items...

As a subscriber: You get a special quest ritual to Bring Darth Marr back from the dead. Only a sub will get this, and only a sub can have Darth Marr as a companion.

As a subscriber: You get a stronghold on Odessen! That's right first three rooms are free for subs.

As a subscriber: The ability to customize your companions! (again)

As a subscriber/founder: As a sub/founder you don't have to pvp to earn back your comps, you have done quite enough, and especially if you have played all 8 stories in full and earned 10K with all your comps on all characters.

As a subscriber: You will get to enjoy a NEW lifeday event...with glorious prizes like Ice Sculptures of your favorite heroes! A Wampa wall hanging! A Wampa head trophy! A fireplace with hearth for your house!

As a subscriber: You get the all new exciting Snow Speeder that allows you to shoot snowballs at mobs as you pass by. Also travels 25% faster than anything else in the game!

As a subscriber: You get an interactive life day puppy!

And just for Lunafox: An albino monkey lizard, just cuz...and I'll name him Special Snowflake.

Also travels 25% faster than anything else in the game!

This is the only unrealistic part of your post. The reason isn't what everyone thinks it is, though.

Everyone always says that speeders are limited to +110% because of game engine technical limitations, or because of render speed issues, or...

All of that was, in my opinion, debunked by the Ziost hot-rod speeder in the quest in front of the tower. It's way faster than +110%, and, and here's the kicker, it's capable of distressingly long jumps. One of those jumps killed my character - I went up the ramp to the platform where the medical droids are, and jumped at the top of the ramp. I leaped the entire length of the platform, cleared the fence at the end by 8-10 feet, and splattered on the rocks beyond.

WIth this sort of jumping performance, there's the obvious possibility of clearing gaps we aren't supposed to be able to clear, and currently can't because the speeders aren't fast enough.

This is the only unrealistic part of your post. The reason isn't what everyone thinks it is, though.

Everyone always says that speeders are limited to +110% because of game engine technical limitations, or because of render speed issues, or...

All of that was, in my opinion, debunked by the Ziost hot-rod speeder in the quest in front of the tower. It's way faster than +110%, and, and here's the kicker, it's capable of distressingly long jumps. One of those jumps killed my character - I went up the ramp to the platform where the medical droids are, and jumped at the top of the ramp. I leaped the entire length of the platform, cleared the fence at the end by 8-10 feet, and splattered on the rocks beyond.

WIth this sort of jumping performance, there's the obvious possibility of clearing gaps we aren't supposed to be able to clear, and currently can't because the speeders aren't fast enough.

It was an arbitrary % I chose, I just thought it would be fun to have something a wee bit faster that you could have some fun with. I have no idea about what tech limits there are, I'm just good at creative ideas, and so I threw them out there :D That speeder on Ziost was awesome fun. I think I may have died a couple of times myself, but still, good times.

As a subscriber/founder: As a sub/founder you don't have to pvp to earn back your comps, you have done quite enough, and especially if you have played all 8 stories in full and earned 10K with all your comps on all characters.

The only companions that cannot be customized are the brand new ones.

You don't have to PvP to earn back your companions. You only need to PvP to get ONE companion if you are on a class other than one one it was originally given to. Both Pierce and M1-4X will rejoin their original class (Warrior/Trooper respectively) without any mention of the PvP quest. In fact, unlike with Qyzen Fess, you don't even have the option to do the PvP quest (Qyzen a consular can choose to do his quest, or tell him nah lets just go)

Here are some suggestions for subscriber rewards...or cartel items...

As a subscriber: You get a special quest ritual to Bring Darth Marr back from the dead. Only a sub will get this, and only a sub can have Darth Marr as a companion.

As a subscriber: You get a stronghold on Odessen! That's right first three rooms are free for subs.

As a subscriber: You will get to enjoy a NEW lifeday event...with glorious prizes like Ice Sculptures of your favorite heroes! A Wampa wall hanging! A Wampa head trophy! A fireplace with hearth for your house!

As a subscriber: You get the all new exciting Snow Speeder that allows you to shoot snowballs at mobs as you pass by. Also travels 25% faster than anything else in the game!

As a subscriber: You get an interactive life day puppy!

And just for Lunafox: An albino monkey lizard, just cuz...and I'll name him Special Snowflake.

Yep, if this had been announced it would have been worthy of the BIG statement and I'd have been a very happy subber/founder. I don't really need a speeder that goes 25% faster though.