The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Any tips on surviving at the start of solo ranked?

Woofii

Hi all,

I just came back from an extended break from the game I am trying to get used to ranked arenas.

My question is, in solo ranked queue as an AP PT do you have any tips for surviving so that you can actually be effective?

In matches where I don't get focused initially I can do alright, but it seems like I am the first person targeted in the WZ and can get melted pretty fast. In those matches I get low numbers and never actually get a chance to get into the fight.

I have tried popping shield and wz adrenal when being focused, but still ends pretty quick. I have tried hanging back with the ranged or behind them and grappling, but if the target runs away I am ineffective at that range unless I move back in. If I try and take the fight to the opposition I am focused and killed pretty quick.

So what are your tips for surviving that initial focus so you can get into the fight? What positioning do you guys use?

All help will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

the aoe hard stun is really helpful, hydraulic to chase people, K.O. should still be a stun breaker. i don't use a PT but i remember it had those perks at least before patch so..i think i see them using that kind of tools..if you are the only pt it's normal you are being focused..the ridicolus burst you have cannot be let freecasting..