Friendly advice for tomorrow's stream.

Reno_Tarshil

It'd be easier to not get our hopes up if BW didn't go out of its way to overhype things.

Breaking all precedents? Is the world ready?

BW, y u do dis? Why must you try and hype us up over something that is, most likely, not that exciting? Don't you realize that disappointed customers turn into disillusioned and bitter customers who no longer trust you at your word and assume the worst/least?

Here's a tip, free of charge: Let your actions speak for you. Stop going out of your way to try and sound like a bunch of carnival barkers working to get 50 cents from the local rubes. Just....deliver. Deliver the goods and we'll hype it up ourselves.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be easier to not get our hopes up if BW didn't go out of its way to overhype things.

Just....deliver. Deliver the goods and we'll hype it up ourselves.

Ditto what Infernixx said... Give us something TRULY worth massive HYPE and your community will spread the word for you faster than any trail of promises of something so grand you can't even match the HYPE train.

VoIP, Guild Chat and even General Chat will spread the word like wildfire. If the HYPE turns out to be another set of goodies like KoTFE your week of HYPE is going to be followed by weeks of grief as many CRAP all over the silly rewards you are trying to offer the SUB's to stay around.

Others have said it.. Give us CONTENT... that will outlive the hype. Only SUB's get into the new Operations would be a perk I would think would generate some interest.

Legacy Wide PETS, MOUNTS, etc. Unlock ability for SUB's would be worthy as well. (IMHO) :D

All they're going to announce is the release date for Chapter X...

Tune in for this afternoon's Producer Livestream and be the first to see our new Subscriber Rewards: http://bit.ly/21s553U

And of course they need to do this while the entire east coast is in traffic driving home from work (well those of us that work for a living).

Edited by Kianabamin

...aaaaaaaand people are making rage threads because they set stupidly high expectations for the big announcement, despite 4 years of experience telling them to expect otherwise lol.

Also to no one's surprise, every special snowflake needs their own thread to cry about it.

Edited by HarleysRule

...aaaaaaaand people are making rage threads because they set stupidly high expectations for the big announcement, despite 4 years of experience telling them to expect otherwise lol.

It's still kind of sad that "have no expectations, faith or hope" is the best way to approach anything the devs do to this game thou...

I never expect anything from big corps, so my hype is very low that way anything could end up sort of pleasing me.

That, i learned over time, playing other games. Never buy into the hype. It'll just be what a normal announcement should be. And if it should happen to actually match the hype.... well you'll be that much more excited.

It's still kind of sad that "have no expectations, faith or hope" is the best way to approach anything the devs do to this game thou...

Bah, it's not just this game - most every other game developer team does the same damn thing. I learned to do this well before i started playing SWTOR. But you're right that it is sad, though.

Edited by TikkyLightmaker

That's horrible advice. Bioware chose to make a big deal out of this. Nobody was expecting anything at all until Bioware went into hype mode. I would have 0 expectations but then Bioware encouraged me to have them.

Bioware held up their end of the bargain here. It was unexpected and ground breaking, it was worth mentioning and it's a reward for subscribers. Just thought i'd point out that those who had expectations in-line with what Bioware hyped up last week should feel that Bioware met every key point they said.

I'm pretty happy. Was hoping for a January start date for chapter 10, but am excited that it's a legit 4.1 patch and that they reaffirmed monthly cadence for 10 through 16. I do feel that the subscriber rewards are good. HK-55 storyline is a million times better in my opinion than a pet or color crystal or speeder. Sure, my dream announcement didn't happen, but Bioware properly delivered on their hype so KUDOS.

Bioware held up their end of the bargain here. It was unexpected and ground breaking, it was worth mentioning and it's a reward for subscribers. Just thought i'd point out that those who had expectations in-line with what Bioware hyped up last week should feel that Bioware met every key point they said.

I'm pretty happy. Was hoping for a January start date for chapter 10, but am excited that it's a legit 4.1 patch and that they reaffirmed monthly cadence for 10 through 16. I do feel that the subscriber rewards are good. HK-55 storyline is a million times better in my opinion than a pet or color crystal or speeder. Sure, my dream announcement didn't happen, but Bioware properly delivered on their hype so KUDOS.

This is sarcasm, right? Right? Because you realize you're getting a companion skin and a stronghold decoration everyone else and his Wookiee will have too, in exchange for paying for the game for a year and getting minimal content... right?

This is sarcasm, right? Right? Because you realize you're getting a companion skin and a stronghold decoration everyone else and his Wookiee will have too, in exchange for paying for the game for a year and getting minimal content... right?

I was not expecting them to bring back HK-55 nor dedicate a chapter to him. So yes it was unexpected and groundbreaking because have you ever played as your companion before in this game?

Not sarcasm at all. I love that there is exclusive content for real long term subscribers. I feel rewarded every time I use Niko or in the future HK-55.