SF decor drops and matrix shards

Ghenghis-Khan

1. How come I cant sell some of the Décor drops from star forges? Theres a timer that sets to expire in a day but it never expires.

2. Are matrix shards obsolete now. If I have two 208 relics, is it useless to combine the shards for a relic? I Know they changed the stats. But I haven't heard anything about how they form and what stats they give now.

My understanding is that the decos from the star forts can be sold, if you ran in a group, but if you run them solo, you cannot sell them.

Why this was done is beyond me, but that seems to be what I've found.

This is incorrect.

If you get a SF deco with a bind timer, simply mail the deco to an alt through the mail system. When you get it on your alt out of the mail, the bind timer will be gone and you can sell it on the GTN.

This is incorrect.

If you get a SF deco with a bind timer, simply mail the deco to an alt through the mail system. When you get it on your alt out of the mail, the bind timer will be gone and you can sell it on the GTN.

Informative post, thank you. I hope they patch it soon since muling stuff to an alt like this cannot be developers' intent.

the SF decor bind timers only go down with game time. meaning, if the timer is at 10 hours - you need to spend 10 hours playing the game for the time to fully expire.

also for the SF deco. If you get a new deco with a 30 hour timer, stack it onto an older deco with no timer, the full stack of decos takes the timer of the older stack.

however, if you stack the older deco with 0 timer onto a new deco with 30 hr timer, the full stack will take the 30 hr timer.

in addition, you can trade a SF deco with a timer to anyone, even if you werent grouped with them.

The only limitation i have seen with the SF deco's with timers is that you cannot put them on gtn.