Jedi/Sith Companions - no more vibroswords or electrostaves?

PhantomBelcher

I didn't see anything about this in the 4.0 patch notes. My saberstaff wielding companions are no longer able to equip electrostaves.

I had bought a Cathar Warstaff for Kira to use back in the early 2.0 days to complement my Cathar Guardian's Cathar Honor Sword. Now, after two years of seeing her walking around with the warstaff, she is no longer able to equip it. I double-checked with Jaesa, Nadia, and Xalek, and they, too, are unable to equip any electrostaff. Likewise, Ashara is unable to equip a vibrosword.

Some of my Jedi/Sith characters are not Jedi or Sith in the RP I engage in with my guild. Having the companions, who they've gotten accustomed to seeing in the RP events, walk around with lightsabers rather than blades is not only off-putting, but suddenly folks are ICly reacting to the companions carrying different weapons. "I didn't know your deputy was a Jedi/first mate [on the pirate ship] was a Sith." Breaks our suspension of disbelief.

This wasn't in the notes, so I'm going to assume it's a bug, not a feature. Please fix this ASAP and give them back their non-lightsaber weapons.

Thanks.

Edited by PhantomBelcher
changing some wording

• 2 months later...