Companions overhealing themselves?

Ghisallo

This is entirely based on the the following line by the lead designer in this thread and then performance. Please read everything before a freak out.

it is not ideal to send your Companion into combat in a [Heroic 2] and then go make tea, only to come back and collect your loot.

Now last night as an experiment, with the new change, I did the Hoth weeklies. I did a few "normally". I never died but there were times where I would need a fair amount of healing, having dropped below 75% health. So things felt in line with the targets spoken of in the thread.

I then did some where I sent just my healing companion in to attack the mobs, I did nothing at all...no attacks, guard etc. Now it took a while for Lana to kill the mobs in the Heroic but silver, golds, even Elite/Champions fell to her. What made me think something was interesting, and may be bugged is that her health never dropped below 95% and then only a couple of times. If seems odd that each of us would appear to take such different amounts of damage. She was constantly spam healing herself through out the fight, which resulted in the long ttks but the channel especially seemed to heal the damage faster than she took damage when that obviously was not the case when she used it on my character.

So it seems like the target for healers healing players has been met, but maybe in the midst of all that something was missed with healing companions healing themselves?

Edited by Ghisallo

Update... H2 SF, 23 Affection Lana, "One and Only" achievement earned. I learned that I can use her to face tank a sunguard captain on the cores and even one of the knights on the ambush while I deal with the other, all the while they can heal me and keep me alive as well. So a healing companion is in essence an off-tank atm. If I could not have used her as an Off-tank I do not think I would have gotten the achievement. Edited by Ghisallo