Doubts with Marauder OPS

KeoLegend

Hello guys i main a marauder for 2 yers and for that time i dominated Fury and Carnage.

Point is im doing OPS now and feel that my DPS is real bad with either specs.

I dont like ANNI, neither know How to play so lets forget it.

I have some questinos that i would like to be answered by you guys. Here we go:

For Operations...

1. In order to increase sustained DPS, after Gore, Ravage, DevBlast and VicTro, what do you think of using Berserk and quickly spamm 6 MASSACRES? Good? Bad? 
R.

2. Fury marauder is awesome on PvE... are they viable for Sustain boss fights OPs? If so, whats a good rotation to follow?
R.

3. Using 216/204 PvP Gear (proc crits on VicTro) my Gore/DevBlast is hitting like 15-16k and Vic 15-17k. But after those 2 bursts i feel like all other DPS classes surpass my damage because of their sustained damage. Is there a way to fix it?
R.

4. My latency isn't very well. Ranging from 260 to 380. Should i give up carna and play fury?
R.

Thank you very much

Hello guys i main a marauder for 2 yers and for that time i dominated Fury and Carnage.

For Operations...

1. In order to increase sustained DPS, after Gore, Ravage, DevBlast and VicTro, what do you think of using Berserk and quickly spamm 6 MASSACRES? Good? Bad? 
R.

2. Fury marauder is awesome on PvE... are they viable for Sustain boss fights OPs? If so, whats a good rotation to follow?
R.

3. Using 216/204 PvP Gear (proc crits on VicTro) my Gore/DevBlast is hitting like 15-16k and Vic 15-17k. But after those 2 bursts i feel like all other DPS classes surpass my damage because of their sustained damage. Is there a way to fix it?
R.

4. My latency isn't very well. Ranging from 260 to 380. Should i give up carna and play fury?
R.

Thank you very much

1. If you understand your rotation and priorities properly this should never need to be done. There are exceptions and on the rare occasion you may want to do this but immediately after i would suggest using Frenzy and starting fresh in your rotation.

2. Not my area of expertise, i'll leave this for Oofalong or someone else better suited to answer this question.

3. If you're talking PvP in a PvE environment you're going to have a disconnect there. Since you're original question was pertaining to Operations i'm going to leave this for someone else to touch on.

4. The only problem you'll have with Carnage with that high of a latency will be getting Gore - Ravage - Devastating Blast to all happen inside the 3 second window, outside of this you should have no problem with the spec other than the obvious lag annoyance. Furthermore, you can go into your Preferences - Controls - Combat - Ability Action Queue Window and set a specific time for the game to log your next attack. Once the global cooldown gets to that time to completion it will auto push your queued ability.

For Operations...

R.

R.

R.

R.

Thank you very much

Just trying to fix some holes in Hayete's answer:

2. Fury is 100% burst spec, it has (theocrafted numbers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8558149#post8558149) the lowest sustained dps, while having one of the best burst, you will fall behind others in a sustained fight.

3. Having PVP gear in PVE environment guarantees having lower dps than others, combine it with the lowest sustained dps Fury spec and there you are, having lowest dps. Not that it's really your fault, it's just what it is.

Personally I think Fury is designed for pure burst therefore its better on bosses who have lots of adds, target swapping. There is no ultimate ops spec, each spec has its strengths and weaknesses on each boss, the important thing is to learn what is the area where your spec is best and use it to your advantage. Anni has its own drawback despite being one of the highest parsing spec in game.

Edited by jauvtus

3. Having PVP gear in PVE environment guarantees having lower dps than others, combine it with the lowest sustained dps Fury spec and there you are, having lowest dps. Not that it's really your fault, it's just what it is.

pvp 208 set bonus peices beat out commendation purchased pve 216 (non-set bonus) due to 6-set piece being required to make fury spec even plausble. If you dont have the 6 piece set bonus, i dont recommend this spec...

pvp 208 set bonus peices beat out commendation purchased pve 216 (non-set bonus) due to 6-set piece being required to make fury spec even plausble. If you dont have the 6 piece set bonus, i dont recommend this spec...

If you dont have set bonus, I dont recommend playing this game at all... ;)